Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bessamatic / Ultramatic mount lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Bessamatic / Ultramatic mount lens Reply with quote

Is it adaptable to Canon DSLR?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there are DKL-Lens Adapters for Canon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, they are cameras I know very little about.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all the Retina Schneider-Kreuznach lenses compatible with the Voigtlanders in DKL mount? I have recently been given a Retina Reflex S with a S-K Retina-Xenar 50 2.8 and it is a lovely camera. It is solidly built and has a really quiet shutter and I was thinking of trying a Color Skopar on it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is DKL?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mount of the voightlanders is slightly different than the ones on kodaks but I've heard that the lens can be converted quite easy so it can fit both bodies.

There is a link here with the description:
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-150.html

The DKL-EOS adapters can mount both kodak and voightlanders. The lens are nice and really beautiful.

I've made some comparation with test chart of 3,4/35 skoparex and 2.8/35 flektogon and the skoparex was better - sharper and with better CA. - and 2 times smaller.

I have put some samples from canon EOS 30D and Skoparex here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/voigtlaender-skoparex-13-4-35-dkl-on-eos-30d-t29547.html

BR,
Stefan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My understanding (hoping a wiser colleague will correct me if I'm wrong!) is that trifling differences in the mounts of the various DKL lenses (not just Kodak and Voigtlander, but a few other, more obscure brands as well) were deliberately designed in, in order to obscure the underlying commonalities. The respective camera makers were apparently (and understandably) eager to preserve the belief that only their own lenses could be used with the cameras in question.

In the film era, those design differences were inconveniences, albeit trivial ones; it was a simple matter to machine or file a Voigtlander lens to fit on a Retina, and vice versa (much as we might file away the aperture-ring lug on a Fujinon M42 lens, nowadays, to permit mounting it on a modern DSLR).

Thankfully, the available DKL adapters all seem to be "agnostic" in such matters; in my experience, they are entirely oblivious to these tiny differences, and are quite happy to mount any DKL lens, from any manufacturer - whether that lens was made for a Bessamatic, a Retina or an Edixa Electronica.

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Univer wrote:

My understanding (hoping a wiser colleague will correct me if I'm wrong!) is that trifling differences in the mounts of the various DKL lenses (not just Kodak and Voigtlander, but a few other, more obscure brands as well) were deliberately designed in, in order to obscure the underlying commonalities. The respective camera makers were apparently (and understandably) eager to preserve the belief that only their own lenses could be used with the cameras in question.

True, i checked myself with my Retina Schneider Xenar and my Voigtlander Super-Dynarex ... The mounts seem to be incompatible, but the adapter i bought from Alex (hk300) accepts both Wink ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bessamatic / Ultramatic mount lens Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Is it adaptable to Canon DSLR?

Yes. Although, I bought a DKL to M42 adapter so I could use it on Canon or Pentax (PK or screw).