Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beroflex 135/2.8 with slow blades...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Beroflex 135/2.8 with slow blades... Reply with quote

Hi,
first post here for me, recently biten by manual focus lenses virus.

I just bought a Beroflex 135/2.8, which I learned (before buying) that is just one brand of some lenses made from Cosina or others. It is not the same as in the review on MFlenses: filters thread is 55mm.
Anyway, the copy I received is nice, perhaps little used, but blades are slow in movement and not closing completely (I calculated more or less up to f/11).
At eye exam, three blades appear oiled. Movement is smooth (too smoth, actually).
While I think I'll not need much f/22, if not difficult I would try to clean it. Any direction? Searching for Beroflex disassembly instructions did not give results, but I'm sure there is some identical lens with different name around.

An additional question:close to mount there is a sort of lever, blocked by a screw (visible in picture, bottom right). Do you know what is it? As the mount seems to have electrical contacts, I suspect has something to do with them.

picture
(EDIT: no way of putting a picture here? I hope the text description is sufficient...)

Thank you very much (for these questions but also for the others answers I found before subscribing Very Happy )

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

At first, welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay ...

Quote:

(EDIT: no way of putting a picture here? I hope the text description is sufficient...)

This is the forum policy for new members, you must post at least two messages ...

Here is your picture ...

Beroflex 135/2.8 by vdm, on Flickr

Cheers

P.S.: You should grab the BBCode link from Flickr, instead of the HTML one ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you indianadinos, I supposed something similar; I also tried every combination, BBcode, HTML, handwriting... but this is the second post, so since now I should be ok.

In the meantime, my moving and moving diaphragm (and also shaking), I was able to close more and make it snappier (not yet fully reliable). By the way, shaking also helped me to discover the integrated lens hood Embarassed .

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a professional photographer. I have a few camera lenses, but I've never taken any of them out in the field. The first lens I ever owned was an old Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D lens and I use assignment writing service to improve my work quality. It was my first "real" lens, and it was also the lens that taught me how to understand what a good photo looks like. This is an important lesson, because it's exactly what you need to know if you want to take excellent photos.