Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Beginner's Guide To Slide Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question about expired slide film.

I bought a lot of Provia 400f expired 2004. I was wondering how to rate the film, iso 400 or iso 200.

Also is it worth doing E6 process or should I crosprocess it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
Quick question about expired slide film.
I bought a lot of Provia 400f expired 2004. I was wondering how to rate the film, iso 400 or iso 200.
Also is it worth doing E6 process or should I crosprocess it.

Provia is very good film, it's a waste to cross process it in my opinion.
Make a test roll, two takes for each scene, one metered normally (400 ISO) and one overexposed by 1 stop (200 ISO).
then see the results and decide how to expose the rest of the lot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With care you can restore well magenta cast , better exposure as Orio did suggest even more helpful , left cross process to those who can't make good images Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orio and Attila.

I bracketed a some of the exposures on the first roll (400 and 200) so I should find out how to rate the rest of rolls.

As always thanks for advice Very Happy

And I promise I won't mention cross-processing again Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross processing is not good, I tried it and it destroys your c41 developer and gives results that are a lot worse than if you processed it properly in e6.