Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Been away for a while
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Been away for a while Reply with quote

Here some of the shots I took over Easter
heres the slideshow
Dont mess with me it may look like I wear a skirt but I'm 12 feet tall!
olympus 50 1.4 at f8? shot at dawn

lovely tulip meyer 135 @ 2.8

12 hour old piglet, flektogon 35 stopped down one click from wide open

135 meyer again, I'm liking this lens Very Happy

and again...

my favourite

poingnant shots

Oh the 37A made it out of the bag once or twice too!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them all, Bob!!
That's how photography should be for me: immediate, sincere, and not rethoric. Then of course there are other styles who may suit others better but this is the style I like the most. Smile

You and Attila have convinced me the Meyer 135 is a great lens, I'll have to get hold of one, dammit! Laughing
My absolute favorite is the portrait of the old lady, but all of the portraits you have shot here are top notch!!

I hope that you will submit some to the Calendar contest. We need your entries!

I don't know if it's just me but there is something moving in the sequence of pictures, from the baby in the garden to the graveyard of the unknown soldier, both shot with the same style (tele), placed like this they seem to suggest an association of thoughs about life and destiny, it is very powerful.

P.S. I wanted to add (I forgot about it) that the piglet shot is a killer!!

Really an outstanding series.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice pictures indeed!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! All are wonderful ! You made my wife day with this piglet, she love some much baby animals especially piglets.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "old lady" is my mum she is 75 years young! Laughing thanks for all the nice comments guys I hope I haven't pushed the meyer prices up a notch! I am on the hunt for a reasonably priced 200 now, and I have my eye on one....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey Orio, didnt think of the birth life death connection, Slightly with my son looking "puzzled" at the graves now you mention the link it they mean more to me than they did before, I'll re order them from youngest to oldest!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your favourite is my favourite of this series. I like the composition, contrast and colours.

Michael

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the last picture can you imagine officially we still not remember for our heroes (Hungarian soldiers) from I and II World War ? But remember for Soviets and others.. I guess this unfair we must remember for all soldiers German, Hungarian, Soviets they lost their life for us. Doesn't matter on which site their fought.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is an interesting cemetery built near the site of a now closed british military hospital near Southampton UK. http://www.hants.gov.uk/rvcp/ it has been taking injured military from all nations including enemy wounded since the Crimean War (1854 - 56) the military graves take up one corner but there are a number of other interesting graves heres one with what looks like russian writing can anyone translate?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big letters are names, Ivan, Vaszilij etc. I can't read the small ones. I learned Russian language in elementary and in High school, but I almost forgot that. If letters are not clear enough I can't figure out. Most of my classmate hated Russian language. I loved that , nice language, but I couldn't use that so I forgot. Also I learned Japanese for years and I forgot that too. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I like the all, mostly because they are full of spontaneity. You've got good light there. Good series and good lenses too.

All the best.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MC, heres another one I found I really like this one, It is the meyer again

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good one too!