Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bang for buck ML system?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Bang for buck ML system? Reply with quote

So I have a debate on my hands - attend the Firefly Music Festival (free) for which I will need to get me a ML + some pancake to pass it off as non-removable lens/pro camera not be bored stiff for 3-4 days, or to sell the tickets and not put off some work that weekend.

I'm Nikon FF invested, but our ML offerings are pretty bleak for low-light and almost any performance save the AW1, because that + some sort of underwater wireless flash rig may be WAY cheaper than messing with housings that cost 4x more and an interesting venture for the summer.

So what would you guys recommend? Budget would preferably be as low as possible and not quite A7 high since I won't be using this setup aside from festival environment which I don't know how often will be for me aside from this one. Don't need a whole other FF rig with no glass, flashes, etc. Then there are these metabones adapters that effectively push crop performance up to FF, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Bang for buck ML system? Reply with quote

SkvLTD wrote:
So I have a debate on my hands - attend the Firefly Music Festival (free) for which I will need to get me a ML + some pancake to pass it off as non-removable lens/pro camera not be bored stiff for 3-4 days, or to sell the tickets and not put off some work that weekend.

I'm Nikon FF invested, but our ML offerings are pretty bleak for low-light and almost any performance save the AW1, because that + some sort of underwater wireless flash rig may be WAY cheaper than messing with housings that cost 4x more and an interesting venture for the summer.

So what would you guys recommend? Budget would preferably be as low as possible and not quite A7 high since I won't be using this setup aside from festival environment which I don't know how often will be for me aside from this one. Don't need a whole other FF rig with no glass, flashes, etc. Then there are these metabones adapters that effectively push crop performance up to FF, right?

Sony Nex and metabones minolta or konica 58 or 57 1.4. Not exactly pancake put pretty low profile and the most expensive part would be the metabones.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bang for buck ML system? Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:

Sony Nex and metabones minolta or konica 58 or 57 1.4. Not exactly pancake put pretty low profile and the most expensive part would be the metabones.

Would've gone for at least a6000 in the Sony case, but in all, Fuji won overall price:performance. Check my thread in Cafe forum.