Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

B&W Tri-X 400 Portrait - Tair 11A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: B&W Tri-X 400 Portrait - Tair 11A Reply with quote

Sorry for the commonality of this portrait. I just took this picture of my father to finish off a roll of tri-x. Made with the Tair 11A wide open.

~Marc

Last edited by themoleman342 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT shot! Almost startling! I love the light/shadow mix, and this is a fine piece of work.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Laurence, a striking portrait! Good job, Marc!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great light! Well done!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done, you capture a lot of personality here

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great face! And a well-done shot!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portrait and great expression captured. He looks kinda Ron Perlman at first glance Very Happy

i never tried that film, its much talked about

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't expect the photo to get that positive a reception. Thank you everyone, very much so.

Quote:
i never tried that film, its much talked about

Tri-x is probably my favorite all-purpose B&W film to date so I recommend it highly. I only stray if I have a very specific intention for the subject.

~Marc