Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

B&W Darkroom Print - Anastasia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: B&W Darkroom Print - Anastasia Reply with quote

I figured with the recent outstanding results presented by Orio and his darkroom, I would make his stuff look even better with my mediocre attempts at printing. I did a small batch of prints last night. Nothing seemed to be working properly but I think I got several decent enlargements. My darkroom is, to say the least, make-shift. This is my third time in the darkroom. I'm self-taught, though that is no great feat considering the multitudes of information available, and hopefully I'm getting better...

Enlarger Lens: Componon 4/50mm
Camera: Fujica st701
Lens: Zenitar 1.7/50mm
Film: Kodak Tri-X
Developer: Dektol
Paper: Kodabromide 8x10 F1 S
Print size closer to 6 1/2x 9 1/2
Scanner: Canoscan 700f

~Marc

Last edited by themoleman342 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:22 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, even though it could use a bit more contrast Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

star0nfire wrote:
I like it, even though it could use a bit more contrast Wink

Ditto!
Maybe it's the soft paper? The print probably looks better than the scan?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the print is much better. I can probably play around with the image a bit now that I just got a version of CS2 to play around with. The prints are generally lower contrast however. I think the paper is the culprit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!
Happy to have a fellow printer in the group, and I hope that more join!
It's a special feeling to print your own images isn't it? Smile