Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ball bearing size for Pen F aperture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Ball bearing size for Pen F aperture Reply with quote

Anyone know what is the size of the ball bearing for Pen F len's aperture click? Is it 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, or something else? I am about to buy 250 of these (the seller don't sell in other quantity), so I am trying to make sure the 1 out of 250 I need is the right size, thanks.

And what do I do with the remaining 249? Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Ball bearing size for Pen F aperture Reply with quote

I can't say that I have ever measured one, but last time I had a Pen lens apart, I think I remember the ball bearing being pretty small.

Mine was stuck in a blob of grease, so it didn't fall out when I had the lens apart. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that I can get a dozen of each size from the seller, so that one will fit, but the seller cannot do that...

Someone had ranted before: why do they have to use ball bearing for the click?? These balls always get lost and it's a hassle to replace them.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can paint the remaining 249 as easter eggs Idea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

der einrahmer wrote:
you can paint the remaining 249 as easter eggs Idea

it will be impossible to find them, except with a magnet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seller does them in smaller quantities. Maybe they will be more accomodating? I think their prices are quite high though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
This seller does them in smaller quantities. Maybe they will be more accomodating? I think their prices are quite high though.

This is quite steep, the 250 ones is cheaper.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
martyn_bannister wrote:

This is quite steep, the 250 ones is cheaper.

I suspected so, but 249 spares against 9 spares............. Is it worth the extra cost Smile