Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Backyard Gems-Kodak Ektar 2.0/45 & A7II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject: Backyard Gems-Kodak Ektar 2.0/45 & A7II Reply with quote

Found this lens on Ebay about a year ago. The old Kodak lens, including the Compur shutter is installed on an E mount helicoid.

I'm extremely pleased with how the lens renders. I tweeked the exposure on two of these. Otherwise the only editing was cropping.

One un-cropped photo to show the full frame coverage.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice, can you show a picture of the lens?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice indeed.
A very pleasant rendering. I'm sure that you will get plenty of interested observations from people when they see you using this lens.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Roger and Old Hand. When I bought this lens I didn't own a full frame camera. It worked OK on the NEX-6 but at the time I didn't see the lenses potential. Can't say whether it was the performance on a crop sensor or my lack of experience at the time. So it sat in a drawer for some time until I took it out recently and put it on an A7II. You can see the results. I was impressed considering it was a gray, overcast day.

The way the lens was adapted it has near macro capability with a MFD of less than 6 inches. I totally doubt that it can focus to infinity, even though it doesn't have any scale to measure it with. No matter, it does what it does very well.

I apologize for the lack of quality in these pics.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super cool.
Looks like a chick magnet to me...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
OH

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Super cool.
Looks like a chick magnet to me...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
OH

No doubt.

Just as long as she grew up in the 1940s! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is certainly a good lens from the old days. It is pretty expensive and hard to find one in good condition.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
This is certainly a good lens from the old days. It is pretty expensive and hard to find one in good condition.

The lens cost $400 on Ebay. Not a Buy it Now but I was the only bidder. Not cheap but a fair price considering that the seller had to acquire the old Kodak camera, surgically remove the lens, modify it so the Compur shutter didn't interfere with operation then mount it on a helicoid with an E mount base.

Ektar lenses were world class in their time. That was back when Kodak would only use the Ektar brand on their very best products. This lens shows that quality.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newst wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Super cool.
OH

No doubt.

I have found that when I am out taking images with an old lens attached to a DSLR or my X-E1, people are interested in the fact that the lens is an old one and is still useful.
I have fielded many inquiries because of this, and most often from ladies who are interested.
It is a great talking point
OH

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
newst wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Super cool.
OH

No doubt.

I have found that when I am out taking images with an old lens attached to a DSLR or my X-E1, people are interested in the fact that the lens is an old one and is still useful.
I have fielded many inquiries because of this, and most often from ladies who are interested.
OH

Shush, I don't want my girlfriend to find out! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newst wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
newst wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
Super cool.
OH

No doubt.

OH

Shush, I don't want my girlfriend to find out! Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy