Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Back to the beginning: B&W developping
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Back to the beginning: B&W developping Reply with quote

Hi colleagues!

It may have well past thirty years from the last time I developed my own B&W films. Here the labs are not developing B&W (at a reasonable price at least) anymore.
So it's time to shoot some B&W rolls and recover the old habilities.

So excited to try the old Patterson developing tank....

Picture taken with the Caplio GX100, f/5.1, 1/2 s. exposition, hand shot, estabilyzer on. (Not perfect but not bad for a handshot at 0,5 sec.)

Jes.

Last edited by Jesito on Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Jes!
I wait to see your result...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my MOM's house the old refrigerators perhaps still full with B&W chemicals what I left there 20 yrs before Smile If don't need to print just develop film that is pretty easy. I expect good result, hardest part is the damn good scanning like Larry doing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
At my MOM's house the old refrigerators perhaps still full with B&W chemicals what I left there 20 yrs before Smile If don't need to print just develop film that is pretty easy. I expect good result, hardest part is the damn good scanning like Larry doing.

Yes, you're rigth. It's only a matter of fitting the film properly inside the container, select the proper dillution of developer and fixer, use the proper time and temperature for the film, and that's all...

I'm tracking closely Larry's activities with the scanner. At the end, there will be a scanner instead the old enlarger. But the Epson V700 is quite expensive here, around 650€. I would have to sell a lot of equipment to get one!. And my daugther's HP is not good enough to scan film with a decent quality. I cannot expect too much from a 60€ scanner anyway..

Jes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had really good luck with a Canon Scanner. The images came out beautifully. It was the Canoscan 8400f. You can pick them up on ebay now for under $60USD!!! They are great for 35mm and medium format negs and slides. For that price you can't go wrong. I scanned all my negs/slides and my families going back to negs from the early 1920's. It did an exellent job!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great news ! Many thanks for sharing!