Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Back in the day....
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Back in the day.... Reply with quote

Some scans from prints of shots from about twenty years ago:

Praktica BC-1 + Sigma Zoom Master 2.8-4/35-70 using Ektar 25.
Sea cliffs on the May Isle in the Firth of Forth.

Rank Mamiya 4B RF using Ektar 25 again.
Beinn Dorain - just north of Tyndrum.

Praktica BC-1 + Sigma Zoom Master 2.8-4/35-70 + Cokin sunset filter using Gold 100.
Loch Creran - north of Oban.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only great shots, but excellent scans to extract that digital quality.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent and very good scans. Very nice color and detail. Even with the kodak 100 no grain.
On the second excellent photo the bottom left border is bad. Is this a problem with the scan or with the mamiya ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice captures! How did you scan them ? Any tricks ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

poilu wrote:
Excellent and very good scans. Very nice color and detail. Even with the kodak 100 no grain.
On the second excellent photo the bottom left border is bad. Is this a problem with the scan or with the mamiya ?

Even though I scrupulously wiped the scanner plate and the print clean, No. 3 needed a lot of work to get rid of dust and I finished off by using Noise Ninja on it, hence the lack of grain.

As for No. 2, I'd need to have a good look at the print for that, although I suspect it may be the camera.

@ Attila: The scanner is an Epson Perfection 1200U and is around seven years old. What I do is scan in the middle of the plate, rather than in the corner as by the time the scan head gets to the photo, any imperfections in its travel should be ironed out as it looks a bit squint as it starts, but by the time it approaches the middle, it's a lot straighter - if that makes sense...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful indeed,first pic is my fav Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots of a wonderful landscape! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love all three, the colours are fantastic!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shots!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the first two, and especially the second one.

-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the quality of all three, there is something about film that is different (not necessarily better) in the blurring in the grain of the film that i have not seen in a long time and this brings back many a time looking at all my favorite photographers before digital came along.

tim