Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aynone to identify my weird Fernobjektiv 500/8 mount? :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Aynone to identify my weird Fernobjektiv 500/8 mount? :) Reply with quote

Cheers Very Happy

Marek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sure it fits the Ouroboros camera. Just kidding. I have no idea.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have two sections? Is it possible this was the front end of a two section lens?
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57079673

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clip around the mount looks very much like a E Clip used in engineering to locate something like a bearing on a shaft or a brake cylinder onto the backplate - as in this picture.

So my guess is this has been modified at sometime, and maybe the clip holds the lens in place when it it is mounted on a plate mount? But, the E clip should have a groove to fit in.

Is this how the lens should look?
http://www.leicashop.com/vintage_en/zeiss-f-m42-500-8-fernobjektiv-sku22040-114.html

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Aynone to identify my weird Fernobjektiv 500/8 mount? :) Reply with quote

Hi, is it the "Fernobjektiv" from Zeiss?
It was build with M42 mount and with EXA mount.

I have a catalougue where they wrote that the Fernobjektiv may have for example Praktina, Praktica (M42), Contax und Exa/Exakta mount.

It is not M42, of course.
It looks similar to EXA but I miss the third "nose" at the ring.
I do not know the Practina mount.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Exakta mount, but using the external bayonet claws to make more clear space at the mount throat; some long-focus lenses use the external bayonet.