Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AutoPano
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: AutoPano Reply with quote

This one look very very smart
AutoPano Pro

all without tripod
1 photo

4 photos

7 photos - 94 degrees hor

36 photos - 213 degrees vert
the imperfections are blended and on the final I don't see any problem

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting!
Someday I need to dive into stitching programs.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Any "bugs" you've discovered?

It look very pro to me, better than anything I have seen before.
Nice tool for crop user without tripod, but probably even better with tripod.

4x28mm

2x28mm

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poilu
Those two are very neat indeed. Must check it out.

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Very interesting!
Someday I need to dive into stitching programs.

PTGui Pro and AutoPano Pro imho are the #1 and #2 in the stitching world - no contest, the jury is still out on which is number #1 and #2!

If using PTGui I recommend Smartblend external plugin - http://smartblend.panotools.info/

Same with Hugin (open source stitcher, very similar to PTGui Pro)
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/

I must say the open source tools for this and open source plugins are excellent, as the commercial software was all based off it.

If you're not on Windows (eg Linux or Mac), I recommend AutoPano Pro, as its the only way to get smartblend outside of Windows, actually APP has an enhanced version of smartblend built in, but you need to enable it in render options Smile

Both PTGui Pro and AutoPano Pro have their advantages and strengths, I find that the projection in AutoPano Pro is a bit smarter for wide field of view stuff, dont have to crop as much from the height Smile

Smartblend works well with moving objects and water, and even if you get errors, Photoshop or your fav image editing program can correct them via editing the blended single layer image (I do this), or outputting to an image file with each photo warped and stitched but on a separate layer for you to tweak it more.

In AutoPano Pro:
I've done all my stuff hand held, done a lot of 160 degree across ones, my mum did onnne like 240 degrees horizontal on her S8000fd!

Easy enough for anyone to use.

Coupled with that as long as the photos are from different locations, you can let AutoPano Pro go through the whole lot of images, and it'll figure which ones go together and arrange them into sets for you Smile

edit: I do not find better results on tripod, but you will if you have a panoramic head eg like a nodal ninja, makes stitching faster and easier in program, and more 'perfect' for huge stitches.