Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Automated film development - good idea or over engineering?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Automated film development - good idea or over engineering? Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/music/osiris-f1-one-film-processor-231726345.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have see them started shipping this in the last Dec. It is a pretty good idea IMHO.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It is a pretty good idea IMHO.

It is! But it's quite the price for me..... i pay 5 euros for development of a C41 or E6 film, no prints, just the negs. B/W i do myself, and i can do a lot of rolls with a bottle of HC110 or Adonal.
So to break even i'd have to process many, many rolls of film.

It's absolutely useful if you have a few colorfilms each week, i hardly shoot 15 C41 films in one year. Which reminds me: i should shoot more film......

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
It is a pretty good idea IMHO.

It is! But it's quite the price for me..... i pay 5 euros for development of a C41 or E6 film, no prints, just the negs. B/W i do myself, and i can do a lot of rolls with a bottle of HC110 or Adonal.
So to break even i'd have to process many, many rolls of film.

It's absolutely useful if you have a few colorfilms each week, i hardly shoot 15 C41 films in one year. Which reminds me: i should shoot more film......

The market for this machine is small but it is good to those with limited space develop their film in-house or those who have difficulties accessing a good lab. The price in China is 5000 CNY(less than $800) which is not so expensive IMHO.