Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Yashinon - Tomioka - 55mm f1.2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Auto Yashinon - Tomioka - 55mm f1.2 Reply with quote

Hi,
Last weekend I bought this lens in the local photo shop. Its price was under 100$ (!!!). I think I cound vote it as the best bargain of this year! Smile
With the f1.2
1#

2#

3#

4#

And here is the lens with its special back element.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I whant one...!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Such a fast lens is nice to have. They are fun!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iha
You scored !! I just sold my Mint copy of this lens for $1100. I think it was a good deal for the buyer even at that price. It is a wonderful lens. I have another copy that I will keep . Don't keep it in your sleeping area. It is I think the most radioactive (thoriated) of all lenses. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
I just sold my Mint copy of this lens for $1100. I think it was a good deal for the buyer even at that price.

I bought the same lens with a "Porst" label on it for then times less. People are completely crazy and those "Yashinon" lenses will soon cost more than a Noctilux. Even the Revuenon (same lens but rebranded by a German discounter) sells for more than $500 nowadays. I think the Porst branded version will soon reach this insane price level as well.

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
It is a wonderful lens. I have another copy that I will keep . Don't keep it in your sleeping area. It is I think the most radioactive (thoriated) of all lenses. Enjoy!

Are you sure this lens is radioactive? According to my files, it is not.

Cheers,

Abbazz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
F16SUNSHINE wrote:
I just sold my Mint copy of this lens for $1100. I think it was a good deal for the buyer even at that price.

I bought the same lens with a "Porst" label on it for then times less. People are completely crazy and those "Yashinon" lenses will soon cost more than a Noctilux. Even the Revuenon (same lens but rebranded by a German discounter) sells for more than $500 nowadays. I think the Porst branded version will soon reach this insane price level as well.

Then I had an even better deal on the Porst, 75 Euro. I must check for a spare one then if it's going up that much in other places Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we have stated that often, people turn mad when they read "f1.2"!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fphoto.6six6.de%2FYashica_Objektiv_Radioaktivitaet.html&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

Cut and paste the above link. Its is a short list of radioactive (thoriated) lenses. I'm sorry the link is so long, it includes a english translator(original in german). My opinion from other reading is that it is nothing to worry about. Common sense is easy to apply. Thoriated lenses are no more dangerous than household cleaners, which you also don't keep in the bedroom.
I agree with Carsten. When f1.2 comes up, people loose their marbles. The fellow who purchased my lens however is not mad. He needed it for a comparison he is doing with different fast manual lenses and the sigma sd14. It makes sense for him to purchase a mint copy, do the test, and then resell to a collector. The copy I am keeping is labeled only Tomioka. I think it is more rare to find then the Yashica even. The glass is perfect but the barrel is quite worn and with a filter ring repair. Perfect for using. I prefer to use a Planar 1.4 the difference in speed is not noticable and, the planar is smoother in contrast and bokeh for my eye.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1100.. thats just crazy.. I can buy Canon L 50mm f1.2 for $1400...
And Nikor's are half the price.. I have seen going around $250.. can get easily (may take time on eBay) around $300... or buy Minolta 58mm f1,2 for around $250 and just change the mount for EOS... Minolta is (heard) one of the best f1,2 lens ever made...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the nikkor is the Noct version, which seems to be hitting over $3,000 now. Recently the 50/1.2 also took off, seems to be big demand for them in recent months.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks God (and thanks to Attila) I already have a Nikkor 1.2/55. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe your Nikkor is better than Tomioka made 1.2 lens.I have one 1.4 Tomioka made lens, currently I am selling Smile I believe Nikkor 1.4 and Olympus 1.4 are better.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I believe your Nikkor is better than Tomioka made 1.2 lens.

Actually, I don't know. My Nikkor is an excellent lens, IMHO. But I cannot compare since I only have a Tomioka made f1.4 lens which is also very good but with less "character" than the Nikkor 1.2/55.

I think, if you can find a Tomioka f1.4 or f1.2 for a decent price, it is worth a try!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Cut and paste the above link. Its is a short list of radioactive (thoriated) lenses.

Thanks for the link, very interesting. So I have at least three radioactive lenses, the 55/1.2 Porst, the 50/1.4 Super-Takumar and the 178/2.5 Kodak Aero Ektar. The latter is certainly the most dangerous, as it emits enough radiation to expose a sheet of photographic paper stored underneath the lens for a few hours...

Cheers,

Abbazz