Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Yashinon-DX 2/50 does mono at mid-day
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Auto Yashinon-DX 2/50 does mono at mid-day Reply with quote

Took the grand-munchkins for a picnic today and managed a few snaps while there.
Mid-day is not my favourite time for image making and presents lots of challenges.
I decided on mono and the little Yashinon handled it well.
Here are some
OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Very good solution, and the results are excellent. The Sun is so harsh here in the desert Southwest, I find myself under-exposing to compensate all day.
Thanks for the idea!

BTW, were these in camera or post mono treatment?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas.
No, I always shoot in RAW and PP afterwards.
For mono I like NIK silver-effex or just plain old LR5.
The problem for me in the middle of the day is in "thinking in mono"
Once I had decided to shoot for mono I was constantly evaluating possible images from a tonal perspective and relying on "compositional memory" for the rest.
It is the greatest challenge for me and I seldom take images in this light unless I have little choice.
Colour is so much easier Smile
OH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another from that little outing.
All PP is done in LR5 and Silver efex from NIK (best ever free download I have ever had - thank you fuzzywuzzy for the heads up)
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Very nice job!