Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Tamron 2.8/28
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard of and seen the Brumbie markers along the side of the road. There have been debates about killing(culling) the Brumbies off,getting them out of the National park. Sad

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I have heard of and seen the Brumbie markers along the side of the road. There have been debates about killing(culling) the Brumbies off,getting them out of the National park. Sad

Yes, that has been an issue for years. When I was there there were contractors who had a permit to capture brumbies from the park but it was very dangerous work. The stallions were very protective. Interestingly, the colours in the brumbies that I have seen are mostly dull charcoal and dirty brown and very dirty grey, and once they hit the tree line they vanish - very effective camouflage amongst that vegetation.
Wild dogs are a bigger problem up there IMHO.
OH

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are having success with the wild dogs,the brumbie debate will go on.Politicians or Politics should stay out of the bush Laughing

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
guardian wrote:
Well, Oldhand, this thread finally exhorted me to act. And if this does not work out I will blame YOU!! Laughing (JK)

Seriously, I just bought a copy of the Adapt-A-Matic 28mm here:

Click here to see on Ebay

If that lens has a fixed mount (seller says "no" in his description) I'm gonna be so toasted. It'll become a parts lens. Smile

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Happy snaps
OH

Thanks. That's very kind and I appreciate your good cheer. However:

It appears I might have gone astray ever so slightly. After further review I have discovered:

Oldhand your lens (actually your son's lens, I realize) is the ORIGINAL version of this Adapt-A-Matic lens. As such, it differs optically from the later version I bought.

There are, in reality, FOUR versions of this Adapt-A-Matic 28mm lens!! Here is the reference:

http://www.adaptall-2.org/lenses/PFH-28Au.html

It's only JMHO, but I view your lens as being quite special.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a very similar lens, but mine has "F.I.M" on the name ring and has a 62 mm filter thread, as mentioned here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamron

Auto Tamron 28/2.8 by scepticswe, on Flickr
Here with a FD to Fuji-X adapter mounted

Auto Tamron 28/2.8 by scepticswe, on Flickr

There is no mentioning of a 62 mm version on the adaptamatic website, though, so I'm a bit puzzled about what version I have.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamron your lens might be the Adapt-A-Matic mount lens 28 mm f/2.8 with 62 mm filter type PFH-28Au. But one of the two named versions that are not yet described and pictured yet one the Adapt-a-matic page.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So,
As i'm a little bit new to the whole world of manual focus goodness from the past,
I thank all here for all the insight.
But regardless of all the specs and years and confusion over this lens, i would have to just say that it performs so well!
and not only on a Pentax mount as it was intended but the old canon does a not too bad job as well. Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens BAB.
Very nice pictures as well.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While browsing I came across your post Thomas. Went straight to ebayUK and found this lens for £14.99 stg. Needless to say, I've bought it and look forward to using it on my newly acquired Minolta XE-1. Very Happy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181479005692?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
While browsing I came across your post Thomas. Went straight to ebayUK and found this lens for £14.99 stg. Needless to say, I've bought it and look forward to using it on my newly acquired Minolta XE-1. Very Happy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181479005692?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Good on you Edgar.
I hope it is a good one for you.
I look forward to seeing how it performs.
Happy snaps
OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son was gracious enough to lend me his Tamron once again this evening.
After fish and chips on the beach with him and the grandchildren, I was lucky enough to snap these.
It will hurt to give it back.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one more
OH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Pretty Thomas.

It has postcard written all over it. Wink

And it's nice when a Tamron works well Razz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Very Pretty Thomas.

It has postcard written all over it. Wink

And it's nice when a Tamron works well Razz

Thank you Daniel.
Here is one from last evening
OH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, is this the lens you used?

I hope so, I got this lens today - I'm looking forward to using it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the Adaptamatic version. http://www.adaptall-2.com/lenses/PFH-28Au.html

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unable to address or comment on circumstances for this lens, the Adapt-A-Matic 28mm, in Australia or in Europe or in other far-off lands.

I am in a position to comment about the situation in North America, having purchased a copy of this lens only recently:

http://forum.mflenses.com/adapt-a-matic-m42-adapter-t78697.html

As you can see from the venue of that post, I bought the lens solely in order to snag its included, and very scarce, Adapt-A-Matic m42 adapter. However:

I can report here that 28mm Adapt-A-Matic lens was in fine condition, as was the original Tamron filter (these lenses were sold with Tamron filters). I already owned another copy of the lens when I made that purchase and would not have bid other than to obtain that adapter. But as you can see, even with the valuable m42 adapter included, along with the proper filter, this lens should be affordable for most North American forum members.

As the up-thread photos clearly demonstrate, the Tamron Adapt-A-Matic 28mm lens is a rather special lens, as are most of the other Adapt-A-Matic prime lenses. However, the Adapt-A-Matic zooms are another story entirely. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shots look great---jt.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Tom, is this the lens you used?

I hope so, I got this lens today - I'm looking forward to using it.

Apologies for the delay in replying David, I just saw this.
Honestly I cannot remember, and I didn't take a picture of the lens. It belongs to my son and I think that he still has it. Next time I see him I will attempt to get a picture of it.
It really is a cracker of a lens as you can see.
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Tamron 28/2.8 Reply with quote

I realize that this is an old thread but just to let you know, there are still some of these beautiful lenses kicking around. I purchased one yesterday that has a Nikon mount (N-IF) for $10 and after only a few shots, I am more than impressed with the apparent quality of the output. I am anxious to spend some time with the lens to see what it is truly capable of.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Tamron 28/2.8 Reply with quote

ffergie wrote:
I realize that this is an old thread but just to let you know, there are still some of these beautiful lenses kicking around. I purchased one yesterday that has a Nikon mount (N-IF) for $10 and after only a few shots, I am more than impressed with the apparent quality of the output. I am anxious to spend some time with the lens to see what it is truly capable of.

Coincidently I too found one very recently on eBay, very poorly described, which allowed me to catch a nice 28mm with M42 adaptor for "not-a-lot"! I've yet to take it for a walk, but I'm feeling confident Smile

Now having a usable (on my Pentax) adaptor I dug around on eBay a bit further and am currently awaiting the delivery of 35mm and 135mm lenses with miscellaneous adaptors Smile ... I missed a 24mm, someone else must have recognised it for what it was, but bargains are there to be had if you're prepared to dig around for badly or incorrectly described items Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron 28/2.8 Reply with quote

ffergie wrote:

Interesting ... i saw one yesterday, too, but didn't purchase it ... maybe i'll go there on Tuesday and pick it up ...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some days ago i bought a nice looking sample of the lens, together with an Adaptall adapter for Konica AR. While on APS-C the lens may be quite good, on full frame it has its weaknesses. Especially the corners are abysmal at f2.8. Even at f11, i wouldn't recommend the lens for landscape images. A cheap Konica AR 3.5/28mm, for instance, would be a far better choice.

Stephan