Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto-Takumar 35mm 3.5 Infinity Focus Problem *solved*
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Auto-Takumar 35mm 3.5 Infinity Focus Problem *solved* Reply with quote

Hello from Finland! I tried searching but couldn't find anything so I registered.

I've got a Auto-Takumar 35mm 3.5 and I cant get it to focus to infinity.
I'm using a Pentax K100D with a genuine Pentax K->M42 adapter and all my other M42 lenses focus to infinity just fine.

I've adjusted a SMC Tak 55mm 1:2 infinity focus earlier with help from a couple of tutorials I found through this forum but this lens seems to have somewhat different mechanics. I can take it apart with no problems but I cant find anything to adjust?

Anyone have any experience with this lens?

Is there something wrong with URL-links on this forum or is it just me? I cant get a link (showing the lens) to work.

Last edited by ovim on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto-Takumar 35mm 3.5 Infinity Focus Problem Reply with quote

ovim wrote:
Hello from Finland! I tried searching but couldn't find anything so I registered.

I've got a Auto-Takumar 35mm 3.5 and I cant get it to focus to infinity.
I'm using a Pentax K100D with a genuine Pentax K->M42 adapter and all my other M42 lenses focus to infinity just fine.

I've adjusted a SMC Tak 55mm 1:2 infinity focus earlier with help from a couple of tutorials I found through this forum but this lens seems to have somewhat different mechanics. I can take it apart with no problems but I cant find anything to adjust?

Anyone have any experience with this lens?

Is there something wrong with URL-links on this forum or is it just me? I cant get a link (showing the lens) to work.

Nothing wrong with link... Welcome to aboard! I hope you will get an answer soon.

Please insert again your link to your next post.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the lens is this: http://whitemetal.com/pentax/at_35_35/index.htm
I was trying insert url tags but apparently they are not needed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice lens! Still I just hope somebody able to answer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try unscrewing the engraved ring round the front element? I have the subsequent model of this lens, Super-Takumar 3.5/35 and when this ring is removed the front group can be unscrewed with a lens spanner. Sometimes this works loose on its own and it might just need tightening.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Did you try unscrewing the engraved ring round the front element? I have the subsequent model of this lens, Super-Takumar 3.5/35 and when this ring is removed the front group can be unscrewed with a lens spanner. Sometimes this works loose on its own and it might just need tightening.

I'll give it a try, thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get the ring off can you come back and tell me what you can see? A picture would be useful if possible.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i'll report back with pics when I get to it. I always take pics just to remember how everything was.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I had a similar problem with my Super Takumar 24/3.5, and got fixed quite quickly ...
The tutorial is on my blog http://k10dpentax.blogspot.com (wonder why the url tag doesn't seem to work here ...)

Look for the Repair tag in the Categories menu on the right ...

Hope this helps

Best regards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Hello,

I had a similar problem with my Super Takumar 24/3.5, and got fixed quite quickly ...
The tutorial is on my blog k10dpentax.blogspot.com (wonder why the url tag doesn't seem to work here ...)

Hope this helps

Best regards

Thanks, but this lens of mine has the focusing barrel fixed to the main lens element. It can be removed, but it can only be put back in one position (the screws go through holes in the focusing barrel)

Your tutorial was very helpful last week, when i was fiddling with a SMC takumar 55mm 1:2.

Thanks anyway!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You peterqd!

It was just like you said. The collar around the front element was loose. After tightening it I get that sweet focus confirmation beep everytime.

Here's a not so good pic of work in progress:

After unscrewing the ring on top right I could lift up the whole element and apertureblade assembly from the outer casing and tighten the collar around the front element.

Here's the lens complete with original Asahi uv-filter and caps

Thank you everyone!

Last edited by ovim on Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indianadinos wrote:
Hello,

The tutorial is on my blog k10dpentax.blogspot.com (wonder why the url tag doesn't seem to work here ...)

Hope this helps

Best regards

Welcome ! Many thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful lens!, welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovim wrote:
Thank You peterqd!

You're welcome! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice happy end! Thank you Peter!