Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Sankor MC 2.8/35 - Infrared 600nm filter EOS 1d mkII N
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Auto Sankor MC 2.8/35 - Infrared 600nm filter EOS 1d mkII N Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Thank you!

Argh! More temptation to modify my 5D. Laughing

I don't remember, are there examples at night in the dark, with suplimentary IR illumination of course?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried a nighttime IR shot yet, but I will. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great coming back Ian! Very pleasant result in general, and especially interesting 3D effect thanks to unusual colouring.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An enjoyable and striking set. Hats off to the timing in #13, Ian.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Alex. The 3d effect I think is something to do with the properties of IR light and how it focuses at a slightly different plane to visible light. I'm just guessing though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, nr10 is my favourite.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Tomas. I am looking forward to trying a similar shot to 10 but with the sunlight coming through the leaves. Sadly no sunshine today, just wind and rain. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Cheers Tomas. I am looking forward to trying a similar shot to 10 but with the sunlight coming through the leaves. Sadly no sunshine today, just wind and rain. Sad

It s something i like to observe and shoot myself sometimes, the Japanese even have a word for it: komorebi

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk00aebDiwL6r4zI_U62OtDzJpJC7Iw%3A1593512977614&ei=ERT7Xu6QJbKsrgTJxqcw&q=komorebi+meaning+in+japanese&oq=komorebi+m&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQARgBMgIIADIHCAAQFBCHAjICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAOgcIABBHELADOgQIABBDUOcsWJMxYIpEaAFwAHgAgAGIAogBgAOSAQUwLjEuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXq4AQI&sclient=psy-ab

Who knows, one day it might become popular as bokeh Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thank for that info, never heard of it before. I have been a fan of komorebi as long as I have been taking photos, without knowing it was an actual genre! I have taken so many sunlight through trees/laves pictures - I like to show sunlight in the image and make creative use of flare and aberrations.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Oh, thank for that info, never heard of it before. I have been a fan of komorebi as long as I have been taking photos, without knowing it was an actual genre! I have taken so many sunlight through trees/laves pictures - I like to show sunlight in the image and make creative use of flare and aberrations.
Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Like 1

Like 1