Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Revuenon 50mm f/1.9 info?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Auto Revuenon 50mm f/1.9 info? Reply with quote

Hi all, I spotted a nice looking cheap Revuenon in here: http://www.huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=77988774

Any thoughts? I'm aware that Revuenon is a trademark of Quelle and so there's possibly no guarantee of quality, but still, does someone have experience with this lens?

Just looking for cheap sub-f/2.8 lenses for toys I guess Very Happy I already have a old Zuiko 50mm f/1.8, which isn't particularly good either.. it's not sharp and the bokeh is strange + a lot of CA. But just because of that, the pictures taken with it have a certain "feel" Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo!
I have some revuenon, too. A 50/1,8 from japan.
10-15€ is a fair price, but a carl zeiss jena Tessar 50/2,8 or a pentacon 50/1,8 are better, I mean.

There are any sources from japanese firms by foto-revue.
The lenses are not bad/good, my 28mm is good, the 35mm not so. My50/1,8 - i have tested it. I must look, the mechanic is worse, but the pictures are not so good like Tessar/Pentacon.

This is my test from 35mm:
http://forum.mflenses.com/revuenon-spezial-12-8-f35mm-made-in-japan-t6882.html
regards Peter

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure but IS the 1,9 a enna lens? The brand revue had mamiya's, enna's, sear's- ricoh's, yashica's, may be tomioka's and others lens. The 1,9 may be enna (the rest were 1,Cool. All have a doble gauss formula. At F/4 to F/11, especially F/5,6 to F/8, it will be good performer. Good luck, and buy and test, out there is ......what a surprise!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm that could be! Did a google search and all f/1.9 references pointed to the Enna.. still, in the link's picture, it says "japan" and Enna was a German manufacturer Smile Maybe I'll try to buy it.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enna is the lowest quality "German" lens, perhaps they import from Japan just give it to German name.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excelent, Attila. This occurried with the mamiya's and sear's lenses. Yashinon did a 50 mm F/1,9 too. Both were good lenses.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a particularly great lens optically, but it's ridiculously cheap.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revueflex cameras often are rebranded Cosina and Chinon products.

I know Chinon had the f/1.9 lens as a standard on some models. I do not have it anymore, but i remember it to be a very sharp lens, hence the samples above!

Chinon CM-4 by René Maly, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokehlicious!

[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 revue`s already (revueflex 55 1.8 and revuenon auto 50 1.9) and they both are mind-blowing good by price\value. I got each less than 10EUR, with cameras, in mint condition and they do great vivid colouring and awesome complex bokeh. They also both pretty easy to quick-focus without viewfinder , and focus peaking , using only screen without magnification. My opinion , if there is a chance to get them less than 35 $ , you should take them.