Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Miranda 28mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Auto Miranda 28mm f2.8 Reply with quote

This is the 46mm filter thread version with stepless aperture.This is the short version. I'd like to have the long version also, but only at the right price. Smile
I will post test pics from my Panny G1 as soon as I get the lens.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find, great price, particularly for the whole set with hood and cases.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the later version, it's a good lens, not great but does the job, decent sharpness and contrast, colours are quite nice.

Might be a different maker to this one so probably not much use to compare.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Great find, great price, particularly for the whole set with hood and cases.

Thanks. Very Happy
I'm looking foward to trying this one, and I'm happy with the price.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, I'm not sure what to expect with this lens. Performance seems to vary quite a bit with the different Miranda lenses, even different variations of the same lens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Walter, the ones I have are all over the place, the 1.4/50 I have is superb but the 2.8/105 is mediocre and the 200mm is crap.

Look forward to your samples.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I agree Walter, the ones I have are all over the place, the 1.4/50 I have is superb but the 2.8/105 is mediocre and the 200mm is crap.

Look forward to your samples.

Thanks, Ian. Very Happy
I hope it's as good as the 1.4/50, but we will see.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it today, but I didn't have any spare time. One quick snap is about all I had time for. Contrast boost, resized and sharpened.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting my Miranda lenses out to retest, but there is bad news. Both of my Miranda adapters don't quite reach infinity with this 28mm and another 28mm Miranda lens I have.
So. I need to test all my lenses to see if they reach infinity on either adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I only have one test shot from today, and it's boring.
Auto Miranda 28mm f2.8 at f2.8. Shot on Panasonic G5, and I used the correct Miranda hood.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that Walter.
Wide open sharpness is excellent.
A good lens I think
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Getting my Miranda lenses out to retest, but there is bad news. Both of my Miranda adapters don't quite reach infinity with this 28mm and another 28mm Miranda lens I have.
So. I need to test all my lenses to see if they reach infinity on either adapter.

I seem to have the opposite problem.
My home-made adapter appears to focus beyond infinity - weirdly.
Anyway the 2.8/28 is proving to be a troublesome child and it is not making me comfortable in using it yet.
I am still learning its quirks so it might be some time before I produce worthy images from it.
In the meantime here are a couple that tested me a bit.
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens still hasn't revealed all of its secrets. I have had to work at getting the best from it and I'm not sure that I have mastered it yet.
here are a couple of shots from today, but my hit rate isn't high at present.
Tom

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Tom. One quirk I've noticed with mine is sense it has clickless aperture, if I'm not careful it's easy to slightly change the aperture when I adjust focus.