Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Mamiya Sekor 55mm f/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Auto Mamiya Sekor 55mm f/1.8 Reply with quote

Some test shots on Sony A7RII:

Wide open, good performance I think:
AutoMamiyaSekor5518DSC08204 by devoscasper, on Flickr

100% crop: wide open already quite a bit of detail, but of course with some softness:
8204crop by devoscasper, on Flickr

At f/2.8 any softness is gone, and the lens shows incredible sharpness (clickable image):
AutoMamiyaSekor5518DSC08208 by devoscasper, on Flickr

100@ crop:
8208crop by devoscasper, on Flickr

This image is at f/5.6. Incredible contrast and sharpness from this rather old lens (clickable):
AutoMamiyaSekor5518DSC08214 by devoscasper, on Flickr

A 100% crop:
8214crop by devoscasper, on Flickr

Another image @ f/2.8:
AutoMamiyaSekor5518DSC08216 by devoscasper, on Flickr

Definitely a keeper this lens. On a 4K screen, the images look insane. Very sharp, clean and contrasty, especially when stopped down a little.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, with my SX versión from F/2,8 to F/8 is a really very good lens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62663426

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
In my experience, with my SX versión from F/2,8 to F/8 is a really very good lens.

Yes, I have the SX as well, great lens. Colors are very different though between the two. The Auto Mamiya Sekor has rather cool colors, although it doesn't show here because of the warm light outside.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ernst Dinkla wrote:
+1

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62663426

Nice pictures Ernst, I used to live in that area.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
papasito wrote:

Yes, I have the SX as well, great lens. Colors are very different though between the two. The Auto Mamiya Sekor has rather cool colors, although it doesn't show here because of the warm light outside.

Yes, you are right.
The Auto versión TL and DTL lenses have blueish cast.
The 55/1,8 TL Chrome nose is a real beauty.
I will buy one today.