Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto mamiya sekor 2/50 more flowers!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Auto mamiya sekor 2/50 more flowers! Reply with quote

I just received this lens this morning...very nice and good glass.I went off to my favorite patch of flowers Very Happy These are shot all wide open F2....Late afternoon.I love the bokeh and on a few I missed the focus..they are a little soft but I love what it can do.Usual PP.

#8 This tree is giving me some grief in how to capture it as all the photos so far blurs all the blossoms as a lump and not individual...any help,ideas before it finishes blooming?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We miss you Mo!

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
We miss you Mo!

Like 1 Like 1

+1 on that.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the SX version of this lens recently, it's got a lip on the aperture ring and a pin that stop it mounting on the M42 adapter correctly, but I can hack that. If it's as good as my other Mamiya Sekor lenses I'll be be very happy. And your pictures look good Mo so I think I'll get the tools out.

Welcome back as well, Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: Auto mamiya sekor 2/50 more flowers! Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I just received this lens this morning...very nice and good glass.I went off to my favorite patch of flowers Very Happy These are shot all wide open F2....Late afternoon.I love the bokeh and on a few I missed the focus..they are a little soft but I love what it can do.Usual PP.

#8 This tree is giving me some grief in how to capture it as all the photos so far blurs all the blossoms as a lump and not individual...any help,ideas before it finishes blooming?

Nice shots, for the tree, try stopping down some, it will reduce the mushiness and every leaf and flower petal should be easier to differentiate from the others.
Your background will not be as soft so you'll have to be more careful with your setup, you might get away with using a tripod and blending wide open and stopped down shots if the stopping down doesn't cause focus shift.

Or find a lens that performs better wide open.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Auto mamiya sekor 2/50 more flowers! Reply with quote

mo wrote:

I have copied the image and tried to bring out detail but the petals are now shown as pixels where I should see petals. processing just gives sharp pixels.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
We miss you Mo!

Like 1 Like 1

+1 on that.
Tom

+1. I hope you are well Mo.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Mamiya/sekor 85mm f2.8 SX which is a superb lens.I think the SX designation was their top line of lenses?

Welcome back mo...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
I have a Mamiya/sekor 85mm f2.8 SX which is a superb lens.I think the SX designation was their top line of lenses?

Welcome back mo...

Was the last M42 lenses made by Mamiya.

In some lenses, Mamiya changed the lens formula.

The 28/2,8, 35/2,8, 55/1,8, 135/2,8, 200/3,5, etc.

The 55/1,4 wasn't changed