Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Chinon MC 50/1.4 vs SMC Pentax 50/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Auto Chinon MC 50/1.4 vs SMC Pentax 50/1.4 Reply with quote

First test (distance shot). Winner so far....Pentax IMO. Close focus shots follow later.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

camera: e-pl5, 100% crops.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokeh test. Slighly smoother bokeh from the Pentax, but close call.

The Chinon is a capable lens, but the Pentax seems just a little bit better. Probably the coating?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always struggled to see any significant difference between these lenses, they're both decent lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I've always struggled to see any significant difference between these lenses, they're both decent lenses.

I think the significance is in the contrast.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if there was any significant difference between any two normal lenses of the same spec and vintage, by the time these were produced, the double gauss type had been refined to the point where they were all pretty much as good as each other and differences were very minor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splitting hairs.