Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Chinon 50mm f/1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Auto Chinon 50mm f/1.9 Reply with quote

Have tested a Auto Chinon 50mm f/1.9 which has Pentax K (PK) mount.

Below are some of the test shots taken with this lens.
The B&W pictures are analog and are taken with a Chinon CG-5, AGFA CINEREX (X-ray film) and developed in X-tol.
Color shots are digital and are taken with a Canon 500D with lens mount adapter.

My review has more and hires images and can be found here if you're interested: http://blog.bkspicture.com/review_Auto_Chinon_50mm_f1.9_PK.html

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I somehow ended up with 2 of those lenses, and I really like them. They are slightly soft which makes them excellent for portraits and interiors. Great for gatherings too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took this a little while ago with my NEX-5N and Auto-Chinon 50mm, f1.9. Great budget lens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very nice and has a great value for the money.
Thanks for the comments and keep snapping!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed a good performer and good built lens. Manufacturer still unknown. Attributed to Tomioka/CHINON heritage or COSINA.
Since i have many COSINA lenses of that period i am inclined to believe Cosina isn't. Bellow photos with 5DmkII.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I remember how I acquired 2 of the Auto Chinon 50/1.9 lenses. One came with a Chinon DSL and the other was on a Pentax ME Super. The rough looking one on the DSL is the same lens that I used to take above photo of the box of Pentax SLRs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an older chinon 55mm f1.7 on m42 i must give it a try

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davev8app wrote:
i have an older chinon 55mm f1.7 on m42 i must give it a try

M42 and PK versions both very good lenses though the same manufacturer uncertain.