Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

At the restaurant
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: At the restaurant Reply with quote

All pictures taken with 50D at 1600 ISO and Vario-Sonnar 35-70:

The restaurant is placed in what used to be the stables of the Castle of Scipione

This ouverture is what I think is the best foor ever in the world. It is called "Cipolla caramellata su pasta sfoglia" and it is onion "caramelled" (? correct word?) on [have no idea how to translate "pasta sfoglia"]
It is my belief that Olympus gods when they met for their symposia they used to eat this Wink

This is "Malfatti al prosciutto crudo e provolone", it is egg pasta with filling of Parma ham and on top there is grated provolone cheese

This second dish is called "La Vécia" which in Parmesan language means "The old woman", it is a traditional country recipe of Parma, it is very long to prepare and involves ground horse meat, peperoni, potatoes, and flavours

These are the desserts for both me and Monica (sorry, I forgot to photograph Monica's previous dishes): on the left, her Chocolate budino (pudding?) with almonds on top, on the right my Panna cotta (cooked cream) with Frutti di bosco (forest berries). The candle was supposed to be on my dessert but the waiter was afraid that it could fall so he put it in the pudding Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the dishes look splendid! Shocked Very Happy Would love to try all of these dishes
and caramelled, caramelized, close enough. Restaurant looks like it has
great atmosphere which the Vario-Sonnar captured beautifully.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Today at noon we were the only customers!]

Sounds like my kind of place! Smile

Good gosh, I'm sorry, I hit the edit button, not the quote and can't get back
your post! Dammit. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Bill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, very sorry, hope this is first and last time. Embarassed

The place looks and sounds delightful! I like Monica's choice of dessert better
than yours. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Bill Very Happy You spared me a few of my stupid things Laughing

This restaurant is incredible because everything is great from start to finish. Most of the times restaurants have their strong and weak points.
Who makes first dich good, who makes second good,
who makes great overtures etc, who has great wines but so and so food, et c.
This one is impeccable from start to end and not just that, all of their offerings are good. It is a familiar restaurant, meaning that the wife cooks,
the husband and the son serve at the tables.
The price is acceptable (approx. 35 Euros per person) on general terms, and absolutely a bargain if put in relation with the excellent quality
of the food and the service.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, thanks for your understanding. Confused Wink I keep going back to these
food pictures like a moth to the flame...they all look so scrumptious! Shocked
The interiors look very tastefully done, my compliments to the owners!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful restaurant, I like the decorated plates and the food look tasteful
clean result at 1600 iso for the 50D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing clarity! Nice shoots! I hope I able to afford soon an 50D looks best choice at this time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio

You are a continuous source of fascinating documentaries. The food looks absolutely divine (caramelised is perfect translation). What a happy day for you - especially after the sadness of the past year.

patrickh