Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

At the races
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: At the races Reply with quote

Hipodrom Sopot, north of Poland. The history of the place goes back to the 1870s. Towards the end of 19th century, regular horse races were held there. They were one of many attractions of the small, yet fashionable city. Between the two world wars, the place gained further prestige and improtant guests visited in numbers. After WWII horses were slowly coming back to the facility. The first ones were from UNRRA, but soon races were revived. After some major renovation works a few years ago, the hipodrome has become a modern equestrian facility. It hosts a number of domestic and international show jumping. dressage and eventing competitions every year. It is also home to almost 200 horses. It was second home to me for almost 20 years...

It is not a racing course on a daily basis anymore, but every summer the true spirit of the place, the racing spirit is back, at least for a few days. This is how I saw it Smile
(Nikon D750 + N70-200/4 VR).

DSC_9949 by Lena_i, on Flickr

DSC_9997_01 by Lena_i, on Flickr

DSC_9940 by Lena_i, on Flickr

DSC_9878 by Lena_i, on Flickr

DSC_9849_01 by Lena_i, on Flickr

DSC_9782_01 by Lena_i, on Flickr

DSC_9628_01 by Lena_i, on Flickr

DSC_9567_01 by Lena_i, on Flickr

DSC_9514 by Lena_i, on Flickr

DSC_0008_01 by Lena_i, on Flickr

C&C welcome as always. Full size can be viewed on flickr.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like 6, 8 & 10.

Perhaps with greater DOF in #2 (increase ISO to keep shutter speed at a reduced aperture, as the leading horse's face is just blurring out of DOF rather than motion (I think).

And I prefer the use of B&W here. Did you shoot in colour & convert?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, well done!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You certainly know how to shoot a racehorse. I don't, but looking at your toning, I think I'm learning.

Lovely shots Like 1 small .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

Excellent!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Guys Smile

l9magen wrote:

Perhaps with greater DOF in #2 (increase ISO to keep shutter speed at a reduced aperture, as the leading horse's face is just blurring out of DOF rather than motion (I think).

And I prefer the use of B&W here. Did you shoot in colour & convert?

You're right about #2, there was no real motion there yet at that point.

I shoot RAW, conversion to B&W was done afterwards.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 more of Lena's work can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/lena_i/