Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

At last, a bargain ... Yashica 135mm f2,8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: At last, a bargain ... Yashica 135mm f2,8 Reply with quote

Just received this lens : Click here to see on Ebay won for 1,99 € Very Happy

I know it is not a ML lens, and thus not MC, but I wanted a cheap Yashica lens to experiment mount swapping ... and the lens is in excellent condition.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: At last, a bargain ... Yashica 135mm f2,8 Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Just received this lens : Click here to see on Ebay won for 1,99 € Very Happy

I know it is not a ML lens, and thus not MC, but I wanted a cheap Yashica lens to experiment mount swapping ... and the lens is in excellent condition.

I think you can safely call that a bargain Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: At last, a bargain ... Yashica 135mm f2,8 Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
I wanted a cheap Yashica lens to experiment mount swapping ...

can you explain ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: At last, a bargain ... Yashica 135mm f2,8 Reply with quote

Nelson wrote:
Jieffe wrote:
I wanted a cheap Yashica lens to experiment mount swapping ...

can you explain ?

My DSLR is a Pentax (well, sort of, it's a Samsung copy). I've read here or on "the other forum" a thread about removing the C/Y mount and replacing it with a Pentax K mount ...

I happen to have the K-mount from a broken lens ... and I like to tinker with things (je suis bricoleur dans l'âme) Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, don't forget to explain the whole swap
few days ago, i tried to swap a Pentacon 29mm B mount to M42... i failed Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still some amazing bargains to be picked up, it's true. That one is true value for money, especially if it's useable after the mount swap.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson wrote:
Ok, don't forget to explain the whole swap
few days ago, i tried to swap a Pentacon 29mm B mount to M42... i failed Very Happy

There is an article here : http://forum.manualfocus.org/viewtopic.php?id=7869

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merci Wink

edit : pictures no more available ?

Last edited by Nelson on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe, congrats for this bargain!, it's really cheap.
I'm really interested in mount swaps, C/Y to M42.
I've got a nice Zeiss Planar 50mm that I would like to have in the M42 mount incarnation... I've not dared yet.
Looking forward to see your experiment Wink

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson wrote:
merci Wink

Pictures seems indeed to be gone.

I will document my conversion but can't promise it will be done in the next few days (lots of things to do in the evening when you're working all day and live alone in a big house Wink)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Jieffe, congrats for this bargain!

You see, you're not the only one Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Jesito wrote:
Jieffe, congrats for this bargain!

You see, you're not the only one Wink

That's a real bargain !!
At least I will have some companion to compare with the Yashica 135/2.8 DSB I'm waiting for... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
At least I will have some companion to compare with the Yashica 135/2.8 DSB I'm waiting for... Smile

That's the same Smile

I'm also curious to compare it with my Pentax SMC 135/3,5.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson wrote:
merci Wink

Here is another one (it seems more complex) http://www.bigeye.url.tw/big5/cz50_14_2.htm (from http://forum.mflenses.com/other-lenses-and-cameras-t2802.html#29132) , but the google translation should be used (Chinese I think) even the result won't of quality.

On the same site from above you can find Oly OM -> to K Pentax adaptations, too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Here is another one (it seems more complex)
On the same site from above you can find Oly OM -> to K Pentax adaptations, too.

I saw it, but the Google translation is quite difficult to understand (let alone the original version Wink).

I first bought an Olympus OM10 with the intention to adapt the 50mm lens that came with it but that lens is too cute to butcher Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Flor27 wrote:

That's the same Smile

I'm also curious to compare it with my Pentax SMC 135/3,5.

Oops, I've read too quickly... but I also have a Takumar 135/3,5 Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just took a quick look at the lens ... Mount has no screws and Google learns me that Yashinon 135/2.8 is difficult because the rear of the lens barrel has to come off and it's a puzzle to get it put back together

Oh joy ! Rolling Eyes

I'll keep it for a rainy weekend Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe, sorry to hijack the thread for a second... is your city distant from Charleroi?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Jieffe, sorry to hijack the thread for a second... is your city distant from Charleroi?

66 Km away from Charleroi but ... this is where my GF live, so I'm VERY often there Laughing
May I be of any assistance ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, just curiosity, a blast from the past. I used to have a girlfriend from Charleroi, many, many, MANY years ago. I told her I would visit there, but I never did.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
No, just curiosity, a blast from the past. I used to have a girlfriend from Charleroi, many, many, MANY years ago. I told her I would visit there, but I never did.

If you ever make the trip, I'll be happy to buy you a drink Wink

There is an important italian community in Charleroi (they came to work in the coal mines in the beginning of the 20th century) and, as a matter of fact, my girlfriend is italian Smile

Does your girlfriend live in Charleroi city or in one of the cities around ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:

If you ever make the trip, I'll be happy to buy you a drink Wink

Thanks, I'll be happy to meet for a drink, not really likely to happen, but, who knows?

Jieffe wrote:

Does your girlfriend live in Charleroi city or in one of the cities around ?

I have no idea. It's 26 years that I don't hear from her. She was from Charleroi. She was a damn good tennis player. Her first name was Janine, I don't write here the last name for her privacy.
Who knows, maybe she's married, maybe she's already a grandmother Shocked or maybe she's not with us anymore. Every now and then, she comes to my mind. All I have of her is one photo, and the memories.
-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:

I first bought an Olympus OM10 with the intention to adapt the 50mm lens that came with it but that lens is too cute to butcher Laughing

I know what you mean. I bought a Bessamatic to dismantle and use the lens mount for a Voigtlander->EOS adapter, but the camera's just too good to wreck. Apart from that, most cameras have a history and I'd be doing a dis-service to the previous owners. It'd be different if it was totally junk but the lens mount was good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this far :

Any idea how I could go further and remove the mount ?

I don't have a lathe and I'm not so sure about my skill with a Dremel ...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you want it to be lathed !?