Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Astro-Kino IV 1.4/50 close ups
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:54 am    Post subject: Astro-Kino IV 1.4/50 close ups Reply with quote

Put on Sony Nex with help of a longer helicoid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a small projector lens right ?

can you please share some img's of your coupling to the camera

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! I saw one for sale some time ago, almost bid on it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog Friends

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! This one seems to be a fine lens.

Alex_d, that's correct, it is a small projector lens, you find many copies being sold in this moment, even though the prices are a bit on the high side.

My adaptation is simple and not that elegant. I put a thick propilene adhesive on the lens' side

and then put it into a 52mm-42mm helicoid. As the barrel thickness + adhesive is not enough to fix it tight inside, I put some spare pieces of cardboard to tighten the construction.

In this post a fellow photo enthousiast took the same helicoid but instead of a flimsy adhesive and cardboard he used a step down ring. That looks undiscutably nicer and strudier, although his construction has MFD of 2m max. Mine could be focused nearly at infinity if I press strong the lens against the helicoid.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see it .. it does not look more elegant than my setup, unfortunately,

it comes down to: .. "the cardboard is your friend".

but i do agree, it's a fine (= " creative..") close-up lens, i have 1.5 version (as I can remember), not 1.4

made some wacky pics of my tlr's few years back

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be interesting to see your results. Please post a link if you find your set of shots.

Here is a couple of examples of near-infinity capacities with my setup

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
That would be interesting to see your results. Please post a link if you find your set of shots.

nothing online, somewhere on a hhd

have to dig to find it

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:

I found a better solution to let these projector lenses fit a 52mm helicoid. The idea is the same, a band of adhesive black foam which makes the lenses sit tight in the helical pitch. Just a thicker one while the width is OK for a relatively narrow space which needs to be covered.

So, a cheap no-brainer solution is a 20mm x 5mm variety of this kind.