Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Super Takumar 1.4/50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Asahi Super Takumar 1.4/50mm Reply with quote

Was bored today, so I took the Takumar and the Sony A100 on a little field trip into the garden.

All wide open at 1.4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These pics are a proof that even considerable yellowing does not really downgrade image quality!

This is yellowing, isn't it? Would be some strange kind of coating...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent shoots!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice dalmation shot!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love the rose picture, for me it's fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say Wink. This is one of my favorite lenses it always develops great shots.

The rose one is my fav Smile

I have the SMC version which is more contrasty but your shots have great tonal balance Smile. Thumbs up!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
These pics are a proof that even considerable yellowing does not really downgrade image quality!

This is yellowing, isn't it? Would be some strange kind of coating...

It's the coating, it's a reflection. Old non-smc takumars have that golden look when reflecting. The yellowing would be visible when looking through the lens.

On the left, radiation-yellowed takumar (yellowing seen through the lens), on the right, non-radiactive older takumar model:

On the left, radioactive SMC takumar (probably yellow but we can't see it from this perpctive because we can't see through the lens). On the right, non-SMC takumar, yellow/golden coating reflection but it's the non-radiactive old takumar model:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks!
I didn't expect such a coating. You know, I do not have a lens with yellowing, so I couldn't tell the difference.

Good to know!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My smc taku was yellowish when I bought it but a little sun bathing do the trick.