Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Pentax SMC TAKUMAR-ZOOM 4.5/85-210mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Asahi Pentax SMC TAKUMAR-ZOOM 4.5/85-210mm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have often seen this on ebay,how does it handle? Are the images ok taken with it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also interested in acquiring a copy of this lens. Waiting for others to post results.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a zoom lens of this age the results are excellent. I can't put my hand on any shots I've taken with it but I remember Graham posted about this lens some time ago and here is the link:

http://forum.mflenses.com/s-m-c-takumar-zoom-85-210mm-f-4-5-t47546.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't actually SMC, but S-M-C? Wink Smile

looks heavy, I want one

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool !
I just got the 75-150
These are very early zoom designs.
Interestingly the minimum focus is very long, so they were supplied, standard, with a dedicated diopter filter in the kit to handle close focus. My kit has it but these are often missing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Interestingly the minimum focus is very long, so they were supplied, standard, with a dedicated diopter filter in the kit to handle close focus. My kit has it but these are often missing.

My lens has one too, although I didn't know it for some time after acquiring it. I found it by accident in a compartment in the top of the lens case that I hadn't noticed before!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: My Experience with this Lens Reply with quote

I picked up this lens from a thrift store just before heading off to Maui on vacation. Before leaving, I noodled around on the InterWeb looking for feedback, which turned out to be positive. So the lens went with me to Hawaii. I very much enjoy photographing surfers and this lens was phenomenally sharp for a nearly 50 year old lens. I have nothing but good things to say about it. The rich tonality of the lens is what one expects from S-M-C lenses of this generation. The close-focus lens came with mine, although I haven't had a chance to try it out. I give it 5 stars.

I have a small album of pics on my Flickr photo stream. Most of these shots are cropped dramatically with just a touch of sharpening.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/glosshaus/sets/72157652105687725/

Anyone know of a tutorial for CLA'ing this lens? It has a moderate amount of dust inside, which I would like to clean up.

Thanks