Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Argus C3 and C44 lenses on Nex
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Argus C3 and C44 lenses on Nex Reply with quote

Hi all,

Had some free time this weekend, so I fashioned up a couple of adpaters to give my Argus C3 and C44 lenses a go on the NEX. The C33 lenses include the 35mm and 100mm Enna Sandmars, a 50mm Cintar and 135mm Soligor. The three C44 Cintagon lenses include the Steinheil 35m and 100mm optics as well as the Argus (US) normal.

Adapting the lenses to the Nex is pretty strightforward. I used a couple of Nex extension tube sets (very inexpensive on Ebay right now) for the body of the adapters. The C44 required that I remove the lens mount mechanism from a broken body. As luck would have it, it just takes the removal of a couple of screws. I simply drilled and tapped some holes in the extension tube to accept the lens mounting mechanism and then adjusted the thickness of one of the screw-in extension tubes so the lens would focus at infinity wide open. The C33 mount was even esier since the the lens thread and diameter of C33 lenses fits snugly into a series five filter thread. I epoxied a series 5 - 52mm step down ring into a Nex extension tube, adjusted for infinity and was done.

I hope to get out and shoot with these lenses over the next couple of days. In the meantime, here are some pics of the lenses and associated adapters.

Best,

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now some samples are needed ... Wink
Great job, congrats.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Now some samples are needed ... Wink