Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ARGUS C Tele-Sandmar 100mm F4,5 with Nex-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: ARGUS C Tele-Sandmar 100mm F4,5 with Nex-3 Reply with quote

That's the lens glued on top of the M42/Nex Adapter.

The register distance seems OK as i can focus from 1m to infinity.

Not bad lens, maybe a little bit soft on the edges and some CA visible but still nice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, nice lens, not bad at all. Be careful with glued adapters , I did use loctite glue ones and lens felt dawn to floor...

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice shot, and please tell me, how did you convert the Argus Mount to M42?
Actually, I hope you can show me some pictures for the Lens Mount details.

Thanks A lot~!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly good for that old Argus lens. Some purple fringing CA evident with some high-contrast areas, like tree branches against the sky, but pretty minor really.

How do you like that Butterfly hood?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent converted it , just glued it with black silicone ( some still left on the lens - have to figure out how to remove it)

This is how the lens looks like. the lens on the left side is m42 tessar.

About the butterfly hood.. it's not exact size (few mm from the left/right are cropped) but i find it handy to use in bright light.