Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Are all m4/3 mounts the same?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Are all m4/3 mounts the same? Reply with quote

Just wanted to know if I can use any m4/3 mount lenses on my camera (Oly E-PL1). I ask as the Oly pancake is 17mm, but I wanted a 14mm. The Panasonic 14mm f2.8 is perfect for what I'm looking for, so just wanted to be sure it would probably work ok?

Thanks in advance,

Graham

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, theyre all the same. i have the panny 20/1.7 for my olly.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou, young man Wink Cool

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all Panasonic and Olympus m4/3 mounts are the same. Sony NEX, Nikon J and other brand mirror-less cameras use different mounts.

you can also use Four Thirds lenses from Olympus on m4/3 and have full functionality (AF, AE, etc) with the Olympus MMF-1/2/3 or Panasonic DMW-MA1 or the off brand Viltrox JY-43F, they provide a pass through for the camera to lens communication.

http://www.four-thirds.org has a nice run down of all the lenses available.

fwiw the 14mm is a nice lens and was my choice over the olympus 17mm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it gets better and better Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I went for the Panasonic 20mm and 14mm pancakes for my EPL1 and they both work flawlessly.