Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

APS Teleplus Auto 2x help?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: APS Teleplus Auto 2x help? Reply with quote

Okay I feel pretty daft posting this but I cant hide from it.

I was recently given some old kit and one piece the item mentioned in the title. Anyhow I looked at the glass and could see some sort of fungus growing inside the element so set about taking it apart for a good clean up. Well the cleaning went very well but mugins here forgot to take note of the which way round the elements sat in the carrier, I know the order and have tried a few different way but still cant obtain focus when mounted behind my 55mm. It did work fine before I fiddled.

Any links to diagrams or any one got some notes on this converter would be much appreciated. I know its not worth much but its bugging me I made this schoolboy error.

Thank you,
Stephen

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a 3/3 or 4/4 design?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a horrible excuse for a drawing of the elements scheme of a Vivitar 2x TC. Hopefully it will help you at least in evaluating the directions.

Be kind, I did it in 30 seconds.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Huge thanks, note to self..... make sure I make my own drawings.

Stephen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: APS Teleplus Auto 2x help? Reply with quote

[i]Well the cleaning went very well but mugins here forgot to take note of the which way round the elements sat in the carrier, I know the order and have tried a few different way but still cant obtain focus when mounted behind my 55mm. It did work fine before I fiddled
.[/i]

I like to hear how you service this adapter.
Many thanks
RTOGOG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it certainly wasn't done in any professional manner, I simple striped the converter down and cleaned the elements using a lens cloth and window cleaner and also cleaned the inside of the carrier. Then after many attempts put it back together whilst wearing cotton gloves and armed with an air blower.

As I mentioned, this was given to me and holds no value so if it worked out well it was a bonus and if not it would go in the bin.

Stephen