Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Approaching medium format again, advice needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Approaching medium format again, advice needed Reply with quote

So, after getting back to 35mm film - and having fun with it - I feel ready to pick up again my medium format project.
In the meantime, I managed to build a decent set of lenses (Jena 50, 80, 180 and zodiak 30) that can be used on a pentacon six, and also got a Pentacon six TL body, that came attached to a 180 sonnar. I ran a test roll through it, and it worked quite fine, but not perfectly: the shutter sticks open at 1/60, and very fast and very slow times don't seem extremely accurate: apart from that, I quite liked the experience, so I'd say I like operating the camera.
So, my question is, is it worth to send the camera for repair-relube-adjust-whatever?
I saw it is quite expensive, but still, less than a 6x6 body in perfect condition - and I already have the lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say it's worth the effort/expense as you have nice lenses. I have an Arax rebuilt Kiev which works very well and exactly the same set of lenses (30/50/80/180). It wasn't cheap though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your opinion, Miran.

Btw, I just noticed i posted in the wrong section, can I move the thread?