Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

APO-Lanthar 4/180 with a 2x TC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: APO-Lanthar 4/180 with a 2x TC Reply with quote

I have previously tested the Komura Telemore95 II 7KMC 2x TC with several lenses and have never been really satisfied. I thought there was something wrong with the Telemore or TCs in general. Having bought the APO-Lanthar, I decided to give the Telemore one more try, thinking the lack of CA might help. Well, it certainly did, the results with this combination are better than with many lenses without a TC. Of course, combining a slowish lens with a 2x TC results in a comparatively slow, f/8 lens, and manual focusing with this combination mounted on a 350D isn't quite unproblematic - however, it isn't hopeless as can be seen from the photos I took to-day.

360 mm on a 350D has a FOV corresponding to a roughly 580 mm lens on an FF body so with a reasonably steady hand, the combination has quite a reach. Here is a photo taken at a distance of about 12 m:

and a crop with a FOV corresponding to a 2300 mm lens on an FF body:

Another crop, the cross on top of the Uspensky Cathedral as seen from the street level:

360 mm at slightly more then 1.2 m gives a very close view, of the order of 1:2, this is the whole frame :

More test shots and examples of the use of a long but inconspicuous lens are at http://galactinus.net/vilva/retro/eos350d_altm.html .

Veijo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great ! Thank you for sharing!