Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone using Pen E-P1 and Canon FD lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Anyone using Pen E-P1 and Canon FD lenses? Reply with quote

Are there issues? Tips?

Like:
how does aperture work?
what adapters you suggest?
is focusing really possible, especially 135 & 400 lenses?

thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a very interesting topic, though unfortunately i have nothing to add to it because i have no fd lenses. there are members who use fd on m4/3, though maybe not specifically ep1. perhaps you might consider re-naming thread to be more inclusive, as adapters are same for all m4/3...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use FD lenses on my E-PL1. Although there are people who can use these lenses without an electronic viewfinder, I consider an EVF as very helpful and would not like to go without it. The longest focal length I use is my 100mm macro. Using the magnifier and a tripod makes focusing very easy and reliable. Without a tripod, focusing is possible, too, but not as reliable as with a tripod, but very reliable if stopped down. I always focus with open aperture and stop it down afterwards. Using f/8 is much more reliable than f/2 on my 50mm, of course. I use the adapter by Novoflex, which is expensive, but worth the money.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do use succesfully Panasonic G1 + Sigma 400mm APO with Canon FD , tha nks for stunning EV finder no issue with focusing