Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

anyone used the RF-coupled Contax-LM-adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: anyone used the RF-coupled Contax-LM-adapter? Reply with quote

Does anyone here have experience with the RF-coupled Contax to M-mount adapter? (so not the cheap non-coupled adapters!)

A few very interesting historic lenses have been made in that mount, that I would like to try on my MM.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amedeo makes the best. If you shoot with mostly 50mm lenses- the internal mount version will focus to 0.7m.

https://www.cameraderie.org/threads/amedeos-new-contax-to-m-mount-adapter-for-internal-mount-lenses.39060/

I also use the external mount type adapter-

CUSTOM_HOOD by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

But- used layers of copper take to correct the cam for close range.

L1016515 by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your experience and the very useful link!

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Amedeo's adapters: excellent quality, well worth the added $ over cheaper alternatives to be found on the auction site.
Word of caution if you intend using the Biogon 35mm f2.8 lens: the rear might protrude too far into the digital body (check on the Rangefinder forum for a discussion thread on that topic).
Lochlann

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lochlann!

Someone also recommended me to have a look at Yeenon, although he was not sure whether they have a coupled adapter. Will check that too.

Sounds like a really cool project, to dive into the old Contax-lenses after summer Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'v e never seen one at the Yeenon store, for Leica M. They appear to only make an excellent one for Sony E mounts (I have it).

There was one for sale at the Rangefinder forum 2-3 months back - you should check to see if it still available.