Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone recognize this lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Anyone recognize this lens? Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out what this lens is. The seller seems to have no clue and has already packed it up and is unwilling to unbox it to check. It looks like a wide angle prime, f3.5, with 77mm filters. I can't seem to find a lens that meets these requirements. From the lens markings, it looks to me like either Vivitar or Sigma. This one is in Nikon mount. Anyone recognize it? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know which lens this is, but to me it looks like the filter is on a step-up ring.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the grip and the markings I'd say it was a Sigma from the early 80s. No real idea of the focal length though. It might be a one-touch zoom - it's difficult to tell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2infinity wrote:
From the grip and the markings I'd say it was a Sigma. No real idea of the focal length though. It might be a one-touch zoom - it's difficult to tell.

Bingo. It's a Sigma 21-35mm zoom. Thanks for the help. I hadn't considered a push/pull zoom lens.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're right:
http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/other-cameras/22674-ricoh-gxr-show-your-images-24.html

Interesting. I have a slightly earlier version of that lens with a conventional zoom ring and a big petal hood. I must have bought it in about '81. The filter size is only 67mm - I think.