Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone knows this zeiss lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Anyone knows this zeiss lens? Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carl-ZEISS-very-rara-LENS-for-Pentacon-SIX-300mm_W0QQitemZ350004297017QQihZ022QQcategoryZ30077QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, never.
Based on the "Made in Germany" writing, I guess it was made in the years immediately following WW2, when the split between the two Germanies was not set up yet. But the question is: was the Pentacon 6 camera and mount already existing then? I don't think so.

So maybe can this be an Exakta mount instead of a Pentacon 6 mount, and the seller did not recognize it?

Or else, I have no idea.
There is also the possiblity of a fake, but it seems unlikely, as this is a shape that I have never seen in any other CZJ lenses.

-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 4.5/300mm lens that Kadlubek lists was made by Meyer as a Telemegor.
But then, Kadlubek is not a complete list!

According to Hartmut Thiele, there has been an experimental model:
1948 - Tessar f4.5 30cm - 4 lenses / 3 groups

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initially I thought it was a remounted Triotar as the mount certainly looks like P6 in that the locating pin is in the correct position.

But then I'm not sure about what focal lengths the Triotar was made in or if any could be adapted for medium format.

In any case, AFAIK the P6 mount didn't appear until 1956 with the Praktisix.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the very thin credibility of the seller, I would not risk big money on this lens unless you are an obsessed collector, in which case any craziness is justified Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure this is a photographic lens..