Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone having prewar Meyer Primoplan 7,5cm f1.9? (Solved.)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject: Anyone having prewar Meyer Primoplan 7,5cm f1.9? (Solved.) Reply with quote

Hello, guys!

Long story short, I've decided to sell my 75mm Exakta postwar (I barely did any shot with due to a lot of other competitors, lack of models and time) to a good friend of mine... I must say I wasn't entirely happy about the transaction but he finally got out of personal bankruptcy being back on track in his business, wanting to celebrate this milestone with some nice collectible lens, and I wanted to see him happy Very Happy

Naturally, I don't want to be Primotar-less for a long period of time. Quite unsurprisingly, I intend to skip all postwars and grab this beauty, both as a good investition and improve and move somewhere with soft B&W portraiture work (like these well dressed Biotar 7,5 women here).

Does anyone here own this lens? Uses it? Perhaps sells? Knows someone who have one?

I have none intentions to buy the most sought after ones like Leica or nazi marked pieces, I will be just okay with "standard" prewar Primplan 7,5 Very Happy This item is currently kind of testing my purchasing and collecting limits but I never hesitated to invest well... Possibly, I also have one spare Biotar 7,5cm Exa prewar (non coated) to barter for, since I somewhat believe these two are equal on the market.

I believe credit for illustrative photo goes to MFL member Spomatic. Dear Spomatic, I hope you don't mine using your (ex)lens as an example. Thank you

Marek

Last edited by Marek on Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon, guys, I don't like this kind of silence Very Happy !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be using one if I had one! You have a plethora of highly sought after glass and I really like your butterfly photos. Any hints on techniques for that field of photography?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/hugo-meyer-primoplan-v-1-9-75mm-t32620.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primoplan 7,5cm is more rare then the Biotar. Expect about 50% more expensive than a Biotar.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All pre-war Meyer lenses were much different than post-war lenses, more like Zeiss, sharp, more contrast ! than on post war lenses. In general they are better quality lenses.
I had Primoplan 5,8cm , still have Triotar 10cm and Primotar 18cm I expect same from 7,5cm and probably bokeh much different as well than post-war lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jealous.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I would be using one if I had one! You have a plethora of highly sought after glass and I really like your butterfly photos. Any hints on techniques for that field of photography?

Thank you, however, please try to be more specific if you want any sensible answers from me Whoo Turtle

Lightshow wrote:
http://forum.mflenses.com/hugo-meyer-primoplan-v-1-9-75mm-t32620.html

That's actually postwar Primoplan 75 Very Happy This time, my aim is more historical!

calvin83 wrote:
Primoplan 7,5cm is more rare then the Biotar. Expect about 50% more expensive than a Biotar.

I think prewar thin design (not slim!) Biotars are equal but more "common" or more visible. I may be wrong though. You can never be absolutely sure in this highly collectible waters Whoo Turtle

Attila wrote:
All pre-war Meyer lenses were much different than post-war lenses, more like Zeiss, sharp, more contrast ! than on post war lenses. In general they are better quality lenses.
I had Primoplan 5,8cm , still have Triotar 10cm and Primotar 18cm I expect same from 7,5cm and probably bokeh much different as well than post-war lens.

I don't mind prewars to be better Very Happy !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I just bought the lens. The price was pretty astronomical when compared to what I am used to invest to collectibles, but we only live once. Once, hopefully many years from now, dying on the bed somewhere, I wouldn't be happy to explain myself why I missed this lens Very Happy !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Hmm I just bought the lens. The price was pretty astronomical...

I hope you didn't pay THAT much! lol... Hope to see some pictures with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teemō wrote:
Marek wrote:
Hmm I just bought the lens. The price was pretty astronomical...

I hope you didn't pay THAT much! lol... Hope to see some pictures with it.

I swear I will Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:
Hmm I just bought the lens. The price was pretty astronomical

Shit happens Wink (i'm just laughing and smiling while writing this ... hope you won't misunderstand me ...!!)

Marek wrote:

Once, hopefully many years from now, dying on the bed somewhere, I wouldn't be happy to explain myself why I missed this lens Very Happy !

Yeah, you're right ... probably it's much more fun dying while actualy having such a lens, than dying full of "lens lust" Laugh 1

Anyway - enjoy it Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!
Let's see the pictures...