Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anybody familiar with Tokyo Koki Tele-Tokina 400mm f/6.3?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both 42mm & 47mm are T mount lenses. T mount, not T2 mount. T2 mount with 42mm standard came later. Wink

Another funny explanation is some draftsman at one of the factories looked at numeral 2 on design sheet, saw 7, and so wrote 7 on manufacturing drawing -- nobody noticed until after many lenses had been made with 47mm threads due to one draftsman mistake. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 400mm Prinz galaxy above came with a silver t-mount - normal one.

You might be right visualopsins- but does 2 and 7 confuse easily in Japanese?

It's clear that hanimex was one of the common nameplates for these at the time - several listings at the mo.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see the front of the Prinz galaxy 6.3/400, does it share the same styling as the Hanimex and Tokina lenses?...Preset,tripod mount?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/minetar-400mm-actually-425mm-f6-3.html

My lens is pic 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice sunny day allowed me to take both bad boys to the bird reserve.

Canadian geese and a Mute Swan provided the action. My assessment: the 300mm is sharper than the 400mm, the latter quite frankly a bit disappointing wide open. These are resized, pp in LR3.6. 400mm top, 300mm below.

A crop:

300mm

300mm crop, resize. Showed a bit of camera shake at 100% - 1/200th wasn't fast enough.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to take mine out to the zoo to check it out on 16mp.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to separate the 300mm to relube the helicoid. The 400mm was easy but I'm stumped on the 300mm. I can loosen the focus ring, and the DoF sleeve, but then I'm stuck. I think I need to take off the tripod collar, but can't see how. If this section of barrel unscrews (often the case) it hasn't shifted with the force I have applied. No screws accessible through the 1/4" tripod hole.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I have packed away my 300/5.5. I never tried to open it.
If I can dig it up reasonably soon I will have a look.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured out the Palinar (Tokyo khoki) 300mm f5.5 disassembly:
1. loosen grub screws on DoF ring
2. push up to expose a brass screw
3. removing this screw allows the mount end to unscrew
4. focus ring can now be removed

Relubed focus now nice and smooth.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I acquired another of the 400mm - nice and sharp but came with a useless to me miranda 44mm screw mount. So I used the internal collar of the false 47mm t-mount as the base for converting to a more saleable (hopefully) Nikon F mount.