Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any Samsung nx30 users here ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Any Samsung nx30 users here ? Reply with quote

Hi all !

I am considering an upgrade from my current NX1000 to an nx30 as the prices are going down quickly after the release of the nx1, but I read on a website that there are potential problems when using the NX30 with adapted lenses : corners of photographs might get a green colour cast.

See here http://matteverglade.com/cameras/samsung-nx30-field-report/#more-657

I'd like to know if MFL forums members are using this camera with MF lenses and how it works (do they have this problem ?).

Thanks a lot.
Jay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Any Samsung nx30 users here ? Reply with quote

I too am thinking about upgrading my NX-20 to the 30, but I have never heard about the glitch with legacy glass. Good thing you mentioned it here !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

!it seems this is due to the glass stack on top of the sensor (about 2 mm thick on APS-C sensor......4 mm on m4/3 !). It is actually random, depending on the lens used and it gets worse as the focal gets shorter.

NX30 bodies are going as low as as 400€ in Germany, so I think I am going to take the plunge and get myself one off eBay.

Cheers.
Jay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I tested several lenses, 28mm (Minolta MD), 50mm, 135mm, 200mm (Konica AR) and all lenses showed this behaviour, but in contrast to your post, the worst green corners were taken with the tele lenses and the best was actually the 28mm.

Cheers,
Matt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt !

God, you are putting me off buying this camera, then Laughing

I don't know what I should do, then. I have an NX1000 which doesn't show this behaviour, but I miss focus peaking and the EVF, plus other nice features offered by the NX30. I don't really want to switch to another system because I own several NX lenses plus quite a number of adapters for legacy lenses. I don't want to buy them again.

Should I just keep my NX1000 and make do with no focus peaking......while waiting for NX400EVF ? FP is faster when taking portraits.

Or should I get another brand of camera ?

I have considered buying a DSLR but it would be over my budget (would have to get the equivalent AF lenses that I have in MF).

You got doubt inside me Confused Very Happy

Cheers
Jay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jay,

sorry about that. Wink I would wait for some months (I dont't do much photography in winter) and decide in spring. In spring there should be more news about NX400 or they might have fixed the problem in the NX30... It's up to you. Wink
What features are you missing in the NX1000? Maybe you can get a second hand NX20 for the EVF.

Cheers,
Matt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

More than the EVF, I miss the focus peaking function. The rest is very good.

Cheers
Jay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about grabbing a Galaxy NX (EVF + Focus Peaking, but no "controls") or a NX300/NX300M (Focus Peaking only, but tiltable screen)? At the moment I wouldn't buy a NX30 if you want to use legacy lenses often... Prices should be lower than the NX30.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

No green corners with the 300 ?

Thanks.
Jay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know this problem is only existent on the NX30.
Edit: Also existent in NX300M.

Last edited by Matt Everglade on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay, don't worry about the green corners anymore, there is a workaround for it:
http://matteverglade.com/cameras/legacy-lenses-and-colour-problems/ Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt !

That is great news indeed !

NX30s are selling for 400 euros with LR5 bundled. I am getting one.

Thanks a lot.
Jay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good price. Have fun with your new camera. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I've got the NX300M and have no issues regarding green corner with my Nikon and Minolta lenses!

I went from NX20 to NX300M and I'm very happy with the decision. I think, the NX300M handles much better with large hands compared to the NX30, as the region between grip and lens is really small on the NX30!

I would grab the NX300M kit with the 16-50 PZ and Lightroom. It's dirt cheap right now, considering the nice lens you get with it!

Cheers,

Karhallarn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

Too late, I pulled the trigger yesterday on an NX30 for 430 euros Smile

Wanted a big handle. The NX300 hhandle is too close to the NX1000's for my hands.

Cheers.
Jay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, now I have the green corner issue after the update to the 1.15 Firmware and since yesterday it is not only happening with my manual lenses but also my AF Samsung lenses and it not fixable with changing lenses while the camera is turned on either...

Anybody has an idea?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not had the problem myself and I only use legacy lenses on my 300 but I've not updated the firmware yet, to be honest I rarely do unless its a fix that for anything I have a problem with, I'm firmly in the if it's not broken camp.
Sorry I can't help you, I'm presuming you didn't have a problem before updating so is there any way to return the camera back to previous firmware

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly the new firmware promised to be better with peeking but it had an side effect...

My camera is away for service now and I think I won't fix a running system anymore in the future...