Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another surprise lot
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Another surprise lot Reply with quote

I have just bought this set. Once again pictures and description weren't very clear, but as the last lot I bought like this (http://forum.mflenses.com/i-just-bought-this-lot-t68963.html) was such a win I went for it
Razz

Some pics from the announcement

Bottom right corner, a case for a 24mm is what caught my eye.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find. It should be a Hexanon AR 24 mm (F16 version).

Edit: Or likely a 35mm F2.8 if the 24mm case is not there.

Last edited by calvin83 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a Hexanon 24 that could be a great deal.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The case is hexanon 24 for sure. I have the same one.
Too blurry to see the text, but looks like a 24mm.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Envy]
Ahh, the strap is identical to the one I lost with a stolen camera some 15 years ago. Bought it brand new ~84.
[/Envy]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. I dunno. That case looks to me more like the case from the highly sought-after f22 version. Here's a photo of the two cases:

http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e24_28.html

Either way, a Hexanon 24mm lens is a remarkable coups. I wish I had one. Congrats!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f/16 or f/22, both are great! I love my Konica lenses, i do have the 24mm. I shoot film with it primarely because on NEX with crop factor it doesn't give me the full effect of the wide angle.
Someday i'm going to buy an A7 just for my Konica collection...... !

Be warned: once you start liking them, you'll be searching for them!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!
Set includes:
- A konica FC-1 with motor drive
- Hexanon 40mm f1.8
- Hexanon 24mm f2.8 (f16 AE) with lens hood
- That big whopper is an MC soligor 85-210mm f3.8. Probably worthless but still intrigues me as it has a billion rings and a 1:3 macro mode.
- A really nice Konica lenses folder and manuals (I love old paperwork!)
- Some other accessories such as Minolta filters, straps, cases, 3 film rolls expired in 2013 and beautiful vintage camera bag.

All in superb cosmetical and mechanical condition, just the motor drive has a few damages.

I am going to put a roll of film through that camera while I wait on my AR adapter. These are my first Konica lenses Cool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set! Congrats with it - and a lot of pleasure in using.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice set, and don't write the old Soligor off, it might surprise you. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Yay!
Set includes:
- A konica FC-1 with motor drive
- Hexanon 40mm f1.8
- Hexanon 24mm f2.8 (f16 AE) with lens hood
- That big whopper is an MC soligor 85-210mm f3.8. Probably worthless but still intrigues me as it has a billion rings and a 1:3 macro mode.
- A really nice Konica lenses folder and manuals (I love old paperwork!)
- Some other accessories such as Minolta filters, straps, cases, 3 film rolls expired in 2013 and beautiful vintage camera bag.

All in superb cosmetical and mechanical condition, just the motor drive has a few damages.

I am going to put a roll of film through that camera while I wait on my AR adapter. These are my first Konica lenses Cool

Congratulations! The FC-1 is one of my favorite Konica SLRs. It's got a great metering system, a clear and luminous viewfinder, and handles like the older mechanical SLRs.
Did you notice the smart camera strap on the camera? I just love those PDQ-snap clips.
The 24/2.8 is a wonderful lens. Sharp all over and great color rendition.
As someone already said, you may be very (VERY!) pleasantly surprised with Soligor. It sold under a multitude of different brands, it may have been made by Tokina, if memory serves.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice set. I didn't notice this ad on 2dehands. I love my 24 too. Top lens and razor sharp.

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! What a set!
I also found out that the filter reduce the quality of the lens in every way.
The 40mm is about average, but the 24 should give you a good start for collecting konica ar.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Konica 21, 55 macro and 85 would go nicely with that 24, a 57/1.2 would be icing on the cake.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful set! Congrats!!