Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another new one,,Vivitar 400mm f/5.6 TX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Another new one,,Vivitar 400mm f/5.6 TX Reply with quote

Still have to try this one out!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wanted to try that one. Handsome devil. One of these days.

My T4 400/6.3 (Soligor) is a bit of a dud.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

The 400 6.3 Vivitar lens to me was a dud as well as the CA was overwhelming. I hope this one is an improvement on that one but it is now part of my collection anyway....And yes I'll get a 400 6.3 again to add to the collection. That is what LCA is all about. I figure as long as I only have 5 cameras I'm safe!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

Me too! Nice one!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking lens. I await your verdict and samples.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. You're obviously amassing these Vivitars for some reason.
But where are you finding these examples in such pristine condition?! Shocked

Actually, I've been hunting for the same-era Soligors, just 'cause I think it's cool. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

Me too! Nice one!

Ya' aught to try one Attila!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cledry wrote:
Nice looking lens. I await your verdict and samples.

Will be this weekend before I can try it and my 2 70-150's out. Need some sunlight too. Been nothing but rain for the last week or so.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
Okay. You're obviously amassing these Vivitars for some reason.
But where are you finding these examples in such pristine condition?! Shocked

Actually, I've been hunting for the same-era Soligors, just 'cause I think it's cool. Cool

Ebay. Nothing but Ebay. I started out thinking I'd collect Tamron adaptalls and adaptall2's but they are too hard to get and besides I've always liked the way the Vivitars and the Soligors are made. Gonna go for Soligors as well in the near future. I get 3 dollars a day for lunch money to take to work with me...I save it up then buy what I want. I bought my K10D and my laptop as well as al, or almost all the lenses I now own. Takes time but it keeps the wife off my back. Laughing Nothing feels better to me than handling a well built lens or camera...you can feel the quality. In my younger days I could not afford these lenses and wanted them even then. Now they go for very little on Ebay and if you are patient and careful you can now find them all the time cheap. I'm living out my dream from 40 years ago right now. And as a bonus I've found this forum where these old manual focus lens are appreciated and loved.