Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another focusing mechanism for old lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Another focusing mechanism for old lenses Reply with quote

While adapting old lenses for dSLR use, I've had problems with unit focusing 75-100 mm lenses as the bellows is simply too long for infinity focus. One possibility would be to utilize the body of some no-good lens, but then it would be necessary to have a body for each adapted lens which seems a bit wasteful compared to dedicating just a short macro ring to mount the lens on the bellows. Last week I spotted a remedy, a variable close-up ring made by Asahi Pentax, Click here to see on Ebay, which I won. I received the ring yesterday, and it is almost perfect. The length range is 17-31mm, which gives a reasonable focus range when combined with a suitable additional macro ring, which is also used to mount the lens on the ring. I can, of course, use the ring also with some of the longer lenses on those occasions when the bellows would be awkward. So, more lens tests coming Smile

Veijo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Veijo! I am also looking for such device but not been lucky till now

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! seems a promising tool!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I have been looking for such a thing for quite a while now.