Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Another focus confirm adapter question...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Another focus confirm adapter question... Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a Pentacon 6/Kiev 60 to EOS with focus confirmation?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to purchase following combo

P6->Nikon or M42 adapter

EOS->M42 or Nikon focus confirmed adapter

I never seen focus confirmed adapter directly to EOS

OR buy a P6->EOS adapter + adapter chip only and glue by your self (I not recommended)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will just go with P6 to EOS. I really don't want a lot of adapters stacked.
Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will don't have any problem with stacked adapters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already bought a P6 to EOS for $16USD, I might buy P6 to M42 and M42 to EOS focus confirm for use at my sons soccer games (or futbol as called elsewhere). That may be easier with action

I was worried that to many adapters would lose infinity and may be a weak point for breakage.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shad, I'm doing the same as you. I have a P6/EOS adapter like yours and missed the AF chip, and a certain nice gentleman in Budapest has kindly found me a P6/M42 adapter which is on its way. I don't think there will be any problems using two adapters, and I'll be able to use P6 lenses on the Spotmatics too! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never used one with the focus confirm. But I thought it would make things easier with kids sports. I wont be using the photos as poster shots or anything, just wanted to be faster on the draw if you know what I mean Wink