Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux R61
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Angenieux R61 Reply with quote

Hi again

Thanks to everyone that answered my questions about Topcor lenses. As mentioned previously I was given a box full of old lenses that were destined for the rubbish, The box had 4 Topcor lenses & 2 Angenieux lenses.

I have tried them all out on my A6000, they all do a great job the Angenieux lenses are especially sharp with beautiful colors.
They are: 135 3.5 type Y2 which I have managed to find a little bit of info & a 24 3.5 Retrofocus type R61.

The R61 must be fairly uncommon I cant seem to find much info at all, it is missing the bit that fits over the shutter button on the camera & the silver finish has a few deep scuff marks. they are both Exata mounts.

I am hoping to find out more about both especially the R61.

Thanks in advance Andrew[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Show a photo of it please!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this worked?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astonishing anyone anywhere would consider discarding this lens as rubbish. Here is one for sale in NZ:

http://retinarescue.com/angenieux24.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be lots of old lenses that end up in the bin, a real shame. This lens still works despite the missing parts & the pictures are clear & sharper than the Sony kit lenses that came with the camera.

I got lucky all of the lenses in the box are still working

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that familiar with angenieux but I imagine the arm was for stop down function on the exakta camera. On many older exakta lenses an arm covered the shutter button that when half pushed would give a depth of field preview. Very fortuitous find. Any chance you could upload some sample shots from the angenieux lenses?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I'm not that familiar with angenieux but I imagine the arm was for stop down function on the exakta camera. On many older exakta lenses an arm covered the shutter button that when half pushed would give a depth of field preview. Very fortuitous find. Any chance you could upload some sample shots from the angenieux lenses?

You are correct about missing arm, there is another lever on the bottom of the lens that turns this on or off. In fact I can still push on what is left & it operates the aperture.
I will try & get a few pics up, still learning how this works on this site!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Zealand notwithstanding, the value of an Angenieux R61 is between US$1000 and US$2000.

The genuine Angenieux lens cap alone would easily fetch US$30!!

Comparing this Angenieux lens to a kit lens is akin to comparing a Rolls Royce to a Yugo.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
New Zealand notwithstanding, the value of an Angenieux R61 is between US$1000 and US$2000.

The genuine Angenieux lens cap alone would easily fetch US$30!!

Comparing this Angenieux lens to a kit lens is akin to comparing a Rolls Royce to a Yugo.

I'm new to adapted lenses but I would have to agree, I think that the box of lenses destined for the bin has doubled / tripled the value of my lens collection. Of greater importance the quality of my photo's has improved dramatically.

P.S. What's a Yongo??

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adonuff, Here is a Yugo Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh the Yugo.... pinnacle of Yugoslavian automotive excellence. A fine motorcar but its no Trabant!

Adonuff, I also found my photography "talent" improved dramatically when I went to next level gear. Unfortunately for me I actually had to pay the going price as I didn't intercept thousands of dollars worth of photography gear headed for the dustbin....

Enjoy the gems you have found and please share photos with us.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't Pierre Angenieux name at least written correctly,
to honor his tremedous work in optics?? Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus? What are you on about? Were you trying to ask "Shouldn't Pierre Angenieux'S name at least BE written correctly,
to honor his tremeNdous work in optics??" Are you upset that I neglected the capital first letter? If so I apologize. I frequently comment using a smaller tablet with lousy ergonomics and capital letters are a bit hard.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of pictures of my favourite models, both taken with the R61. The Yungo brand has never made it to Australia, so I cannot fairly make a comment.
I think my photo's have also improved a lot since I started with the old lenses, I find myself thinking about the setting more & not depending on the camera to do all the work.
Hope the pictures turn out right. I saved them as JPEG from the original RAW & made the files smaller.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Klaus? What are you on about? Were you trying to ask "Shouldn't Pierre Angenieux'S name at least BE written correctly,
to honor his tremeNdous work in optics??" Are you upset that I neglected the capital first letter? If so I apologize. I frequently comment using a smaller tablet with lousy ergonomics and capital letters are a bit hard.

Sorry, I was adressing the original poster - not you!!

I corrected it, dammit, am I a secretary or what.... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice examples.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the transmission works, here is the lens diagram.

p.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

Disqualified for that! LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots of the K9 models. Also a lovely Isetta.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

Disqualified for that! LOL!

As I am the original poster, I am wondering what was wrong with my post? I certainly meant no disrespect!
Please let me know so that I can avoid future mistakes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Adonuff, Here is a Yugo Smile

The story/myth behind Yugo is actually very strange.

It started early 1960's when US bought the space programme of Yugoslavia paying $10 000 000 000 for it. They bought it because US space programme was very unreliable that time. Smile

Yugoslavian space programme did really exist, they did indeed manage to launch some sort of satellite with a living pig to the Adrian sea. But instead of receiving a great space programme the US received something slightly different. So they wanted the money back.

Here comes Yugo. Tito had the great idea to pay the money back by exporting cars. Very Happy

But it all ended in tragedy. US didn't finally get the money back and CIA's revenge was to fuel national differences in Yugoslavia, which resulted to the bloody civil war. Sad

source: a documentary/film I saw at a Finnish YLE channel
Code:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston,_We_Have_a_Problem!_(film)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here all this time I thought the Yugo was a crappy knockoff of a crappy Italian FIAT. (124 IIRC)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a lens for Alpa cameras?