Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Angenieux? Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by guardian on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Who tell you this Bell & Howell lens is made by Angenieux?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by guardian on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
No. Who tell you this Bell & Howell lens is made by Angenieux?

Thanks, calvin83, for your input. It was just a post I found on the net, not an authoritative source. I didn't see how the lens could be Angenieux and still say "Made in USA". But I honestly don't know that much about this stuff. That's why I was reaching out for help.

Bell & Howell was a leading manufacturer of movie cameras. But I don't know if they ever manufactured any lenses. I do know Bell & Howell bought lenses from a variety of manufacturers, some of those lenses being "double branded". But the subject lens is branded only "Bell & Howell". So the matter remains, for me, something of a puzzlement.

I expect you can find the info yourself...

The lens is made by(for) Bell & Howell and I believe the optical part is made by Wollensak http://forum.mflenses.com/large-format-lens-wollensak-254mm-f4-5-in-nikon-f-mount-t16771.html .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Last edited by guardian on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is likely made in Rochester. There is something in the looks that tells when You've combed through zillions of pictures through the years...

Some sub-gauge Angenieux lenses were sold under B&H -brand only. Not double branded but they are pretty easy to spot. The Angenieux touch and finish is one-of-a-kind.